By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Jan 15, 2014
Continuous Delivery of PeopleSoft Releases Provides Expanded Mobility and Business Process Excellence
Continued investment in Oracle’s PeopleSoft solutions results in the delivery of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4. This deliverable increases the considerable value of PeopleSoft by adding new capabilities to the previously delivered PeopleSoft 9.2 release – without the need to upgrade. These new capabilities provide expanded mobile capabilities, extend the value of PeopleSoft through integrations, and offer new features that enable business process excellence. In summary this delivery:
- Enables customers to add value to their PeopleSoft 9.2 applications with the release of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4.
- Demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to PeopleSoft by continuously delivering additional new features, functions, and enhancements to the existing PeopleSoft 9.2 release.
- Allows PeopleSoft 9.2 customers to use PeopleSoft Update Manager to selectively apply new capabilities from PeopleSoft Update Image 4 at their choosing.
- Provides expanded mobile capabilities, extends the value of PeopleSoft through integrations, and enables business process excellence.
Continuous Innovation of PeopleSoft 9.2 on the Customers Terms
- Oracle’s new delivery model for PeopleSoft consists of PeopleSoft Update Images being released approximately every 10 weeks. These PeopleSoft Update Images, like PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 (the fourth to be delivered) are cumulative. This means customers can leverage them regardless of what changes have or have not been previously applied. Customer use PeopleSoft Update Manager to apply changes delivered in PeopleSoft Update Images.
- Introduced with the delivery of PeopleSoft 9.2 and designed to reduce the cost to stay current, PeopleSoft Update Manager transforms how customers adopt PeopleSoft changes. With PeopleSoft Update Manager, customers can:
- Get Innovative New Capabilities without Upgrading
- Take Only the Changes They Want, Tailored to Their Specific Needs
- Determine When They Adopt Changes
- Retain Strategic Customizations
- Get Current Regardless of Prior Changes
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 provides expanded mobile capabilities for employees on the go with:
- The new Mobile Project Time Entry solution. This mobile solution allows customers to accelerate cash flow by capturing billable time from employees regardless of where they are on their mobile devices.
- Enhanced existing mobile solutions including: Mobile Approvals extended to Treasury and Mobile eProcurement which now can include punch-out supplier items.
- Mobile approvals via HTML email. Now customers can approve over 25 transactions including: job offer, transfer, promotion, purchase order, expenses, and more directly from their email client without having to log into PeopleSoft.
- Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Applications are unique solutions that combine best-in-class applications with high performance hardware that enable customers to make smarter decisions, reduce costs, and accelerate business processes.
- CFO’s can make proactive, sound financial decisions using the first two components of Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom-line solution (Financial Position Analyzer and Financial Allocation Analyzer). These innovative new PeopleSoft solutions leverage the power of Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic to allow finance departments to quickly model the impact of business changes, material activity, and allocation policy changes.
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery which helps customers improve decision making and gain a competitive advantage by providing visibility into projects and resources through the use of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- PeopleSoft customers can extend the value of their existing PeopleSoft solutions through delivered integrations to value add Oracle Applications. PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes bi-directional integration between PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 and Oracle’s Taleo Recruiting Cloud Service. This out-of-the-box integration is also delivered for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1. In addition, PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes new integration between PeopleSoft Financials and Oracle’s Fusion Accounting Hub to aid customers in consolidating multiple General Ledger systems.
- New WorkCenters like the Asset Management WorkCenter and the Maintenance Management WorkCenter drive higher business productivity by bringing a user’s work (e.g. tasks, exceptions, and alerts) to them in a single, highly usable and interactive page. The existing Contracts WorkCenter and the Grants WorkCenter have been enhanced to deliver even more poignant, actionable information like contracts set to expire and grant milestone due dates.
- The free text search across multiple objects and multiple instances introduced in PeopleSoft 9.2 is expanded in PeopleSoft Update Image 4 to encompass PeopleSoft Supplier Contract Management content. Users can quickly retrieve accurate and actionable search results for a more efficient search-driven approach to navigating.
- In addition numerous legal and regulatory updates have been included in this PeopleSoft Update Image, including support for 2013 tax updates E and F for the US.
- Existing PeopleSoft customers and partners may access release notes including PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) Update Image Overview (Through Update Image 4) and and various other PeopleSoft 9.2 materials at My Oracle Support.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Information Portal
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube