By Marc Weintraub on Apr 18, 2014
In four days, Jeff Robbins (Senior Director, PeopleSoft Product Strategy) and I visited four cities in four separate European countries as part of our annual PeopleSoft EMEA tour. Events in each city were attended by enthusiastic PeopleSoft customers. We shared with them a consistent message that conveyed:
- Oracle continues to invest in PeopleSoft
- Oracle’s investments in PeopleSoft enable it to address customers’ needs for modern enterprise software
- Capabilities like the PeopleSoft Fluid UI and PeopleSoft Update Manager define PeopleSoft as a ‘state of the art’ solution set
- PeopleSoft and Oracle Cloud solutions are intended to complement one another
- Only Oracle provides PeopleSoft customers a flexible path to the cloud based on their needs and their timing
The first stop in the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour was in the Netherlands. There, the Oracle Benelux User Group (OBUG) hosted the event aboard the S.S. Rotterdam with over 100 attendees. At this event, attendees also heard from CGI as they shared their PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade plans that include incorporating their acquisition of Logica. From there, the tour visited the United Kingdom; about 100 attendees participated in UKOUG EMEA PeopleSoft Roadshow at the Oracle London City Office. Oxfam (check out Graham Smith's blog on their upgrade), Hays, and Greene King (a net-new PeopleSoft customer), spoke at the event about their PeopleSoft 9.2 deployments and usage of PeopleSoft Update Manager. Duncan Davies of Succeed Consultancy (the partner who implemented at Greene King) summarized the event extraordinarily well in his blog. In France, the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour was part of an Oracle Users Day (Journee Utliisateurs) that included PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, and eBusiness Suite content. Lastly, the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour visited Spain. There the local Spanish user group – Círculo de Usuarios de Oracle de España (CUORE) supported a lively event that included a focus on how the PeopleSoft team delivers local legal and regulatory requirements.
All in all it was a fantastic tour. It is an amazing opportunity to share the PeopleSoft team’s key messages with customers, listen to their feedback, and hear about their successes with PeopleSoft. I am already looking forward to next year’s tour.