In the past few months, to help customers make changes to their businesses amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the PeopleSoft team forwarded a number of new developments, some of which we present in Episode 9 of PeopleSoft NOW!
You can watch the entire episode below or you can read on to get an overview of what’s covered.
Rebekah Jackson starts off the episode by addressing Oracle’s decision to keep supporting PeopleSoft amid COVID-19. Rebekah also discusses recent product developments with different product strategy directors. Among the areas we cover:
- PeopleSoft customers can keep up with COVID-19-related regulatory and legislative developments by visiting the PeopleSoft COVID-19 Information Center (My Oracle Support).
- We highlight product feature enhancements that help customers in the higher ed, public sector, healthcare, and other sectors align their business changes due to COVID-19.
- Support for PeopleSoft 8.56 will get an extension of six months—i.e., it will be supported till April 2021. There will also be no need to switch COBOL Compiler to Visual COBOL until April 2021.
- We discuss how to reduce operational costs by moving to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
This episode also features a Top 5 Tips section, as was seen in Episode 8. In this episode the Tips mostly revolve around efficient use of the following PeopleSoft product features:
- Fluid Forms and Approval Builder
- Page and Field Configurator
- Health and Safety feature
- Mass Features Update
- Fluid Approvals
The episode closes with a discussion between Rebekah Jackson and Paco Aubrejuan on “The state of the PeopleSoft team and life post COVID-19,” followed by the “Keeping in the KNOW!” section.
List of resources mentioned in Episode 9
For more information, see COVID-19 Updates for PeopleSoft and Oracle's commitment to customers during the COVID-19 crisis.