Today’s competitive climate demands organizations that are nimble, respond rapidly to business and technology changes, and constantly deliver value for their users and their bottom line. Many PeopleSoft customers are leading the way, driving strategic transformation initiatives that continuously evolve their systems, their operational processes, and how they do business and serve their employees and customers. They are adopting Cloud technologies, improving user experience, eliminating and isolating customizations, and implementing new products. At the Quest Attendee Welcome Reception at COLLABORATE 2019, Oracle announced the next class of PeopleSoft Innovators. These organizations showcase the kind of rapid change and responsiveness that is possible with today’s PeopleSoft.
The April 2019 PeopleSoft Innovators:
- Alameda County improved ease of use and productivity with the rollout of the PeopleSoft ERP and HCM Fluid user interface, deployed Elasticsearch for portal content, used Page and Field Configurator and Event Mapping to eliminate and isolate customizations, and was an early pioneer in defining a Selective Adoption strategy that allowed continuous adoption of new capabilities.
- Alaska Airlines provided a modern user experience and efficient navigation for all administrative users of PeopleSoft Financials with the Fluid user interface, deployed easy mobile approvals for Requisitions, Vouchers, and Suppliers, enhanced the search capability for the full Procure to Pay process with Elasticsearch, deployed the Supplier Portal, and implemented a Selective Adoption process to enable updates, fixes, and new features.
- Alliant Energy implemented the PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Fluid user interface solution on iPhones and barcode scanner sleds, replacing a custom solution running on 10 year old handhelds, and converted custom inventory pages to the Fluid user interface, making the full suite of PeopleSoft delivered features and custom pages available on mobile devices for a consistent, modern user experience and easy completion of inventory transactions at any time, from anywhere.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, in conjunction with their partners SpearMC and Velocity, embarked on a multi-phased IT and business transformation program that migrated their PeopleSoft environments to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, deployed Elasticsearch, implemented a new Grants Management solution using PeopleSoft Grants, Project Costing and Contracts integrated to PeopleSoft Financials, which was updated to the modern and responsive Fluid user interface, and implemented PeopleSoft Expenses and Mobile Inventory with the Fluid user interface.
- Clerk & Comptroller, Palm Beach County deployed a host of user friendly, branded PeopleSoft HCM capabilities with the Fluid user interface, including Manager and Employee Self Service, Paycheck Modeler, and they newly implemented PeopleSoft Health and Safety functionality, used Page and Field Configurator and Event Mapping to easily tailor the solutions to fit their unique needs, used Pivot Grids with Fluid tiles and configurable Home Pages to replace over 250 old payroll reports, provided enhanced search capabilities with Elasticsearch, and drove patching and lifecycle management efficiencies and time savings with the use of PeopleSoft Deployment Packages.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods implemented several technology innovations using the powerful PeopleTools platform including a configurable approach that automates and simplifies critical setup activities when environments are refreshed, an automated approach that monitors long running processes and possible JobSet failures in Process Monitor, and an automated approach to monitoring Integration Broker that includes notification routing and handling that accounts for time of day and other conditions.
- Endeavor Foundation, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, have completely changed their approach to managing their PeopleSoft solutions, moving from just applying maintenance and legislative requirements to rapidly adopting new functionality as it is released, including delivered Fluid user interface capabilities in PeopleSoft HCM such as Employee and Manager Self Service, the new Fluid Timesheet, Employee Snapshot, and Global Payroll banking functionality, and eliminated customizations by adopting delivered features.
- Hackensack Meridian Health continued their strategic transformation with the deployment of the responsive Fluid user interface for PeopleSoft Financials including Requisitions, Worklists, and AP Voucher status, and separately built and deployed a custom Scheduling system using PeopleTools and the Fluid user interface that is integrated with their PeopleSoft HCM solutions, converted all team members from ADP, Kronos, and Lawson systems to PeopleSoft Payroll and the custom Scheduling system, ultimately providing a seamless, responsive, mobile user experience across their PeopleSoft suite.
- Hays Specialist Recruitment delivered an engaging, one-stop learning centre using PeopleSoft ELM and the new Mobile Learning capabilities, branded to align with corporate branding guidelines, as well as a custom National Equality Standard (NES) survey built in PeopleTools using the Fluid user interface, with both projects driving demand to roll the Fluid user interface out across their full PeopleSoft HCM and ERP estate and the demand for more features and the use of key frameworks like Activity Guides, to provide a streamlined, guided user experience.
- Louisville Gas and Electric Company (LG&E) and Kentucky Utilities Company (KU) Services implemented PeopleSoft HCM Fluid user interface for Employee and Manager Self Service and created a Selective Adoption strategy to get current annually that includes evaluating and using any newly delivered functionality that meets the needs of their organization.
- Lone Star College deployed the PeopleSoft Fluid user interface with an emphasis on user personas to tailor the experience and a unique custom ‘side bar’, allowing the design to scale effectively across PeopleSoft HCM, Financials, and Campus Solutions, providing users a native mobile self-service experience that resulted in approximately 30% increase in mobile device usage.
- Medife, in conjunction with their partner Enratio, is using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure environments for their current implementation of PeopleSoft Global Payroll for Argentina on the Cloud, resulting in a faster and less expensive project that has simplified the software implementation and integration to Oracle Cloud applications.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, executed strategic initiatives to increase the return on their software investment, through which they deployed numerous PeopleSoft HCM Fluid user interface capabilities including Fluid Home Pages, uniquely configured navigation for all administrative functions, Employee and Manager Self Service, Workforce Administration, the brand new Payroll for North America Fluid Workcenter, and the Fluid Recruiting Home Page with Recruiting Analytics, and leveraged Selective Adoption for a value oriented incremental delivery approach that enables rapid adoption of desired features.
- Saint-Gobain UK Ltd used REST services, specifically API messages in JSON format, to integrate Peoplesoft with a third party document management system for handling electronically signed offer letters.
- T&C Sports, in conjunction with their partner Enratio, deployed a new production implementation of PeopleSoft Global Payroll on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, along with Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle Planning and Budgeting, and Oracle Platform as a Service capabilities, completing their ‘Torneos Cloud project’.
- University of Florida Health, in conjunction with their partner SmartERP, implemented the PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Fluid user interface solution to improve efficiency and productivity, along with non-invasive bolt-on customizations to address their unique needs including the use of Oracle BI Publisher to create bar code labels that print to portable printers and using web services through Integration Broker to interact directly with shipping vendors to streamline receiving.
- WNS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. extended their mobile capabilities and transactions beyond PeopleSoft to chatbots and third party applications by encapsulating business logic in REST services, supporting JSON objects and load balancing through Integration Broker.
Please help me congratulate the newest PeopleSoft Innovators. To learn more about all of the PeopleSoft Innovators see the Innovators Stories on peoplesoftinfo.com, and read the announcements from OpenWorld 2018, Collaborate 2018, and OpenWorld 2017.
Are you, or someone you know, using the latest capabilities in PeopleSoft to deploy new features and transform your organization? Submit a nomination! The next announcement will be made at OpenWorld 2019.