PeopleSoft Absence Management - Benefits of using Absence Forecasting
By Carolyn Cozart on Oct 13, 2011
Absence Forecasting has been designed to evaluate the impact of an Absence Event. Organizations needing to enforce their Absence policies should use Absence Forecasting. Absence Forecasting is a role-based function that can be deployed for Administrator transactions as well as Employee and Manager Self Service transactions. Forecasting can be enabled for the Absence Entitlements (Accruals) and Absence Takes (actual Absence Requests).
The following are some benefits of implementing Absence Forecasting in your company:
- Ability for users to forecast Absence Balances and plan their personal time off.
- Ability to prevent users from Requesting Absence when eligibility criteria has not been met.
- Ability to prevent users from Requesting Absence when the Entitlement Balance is not sufficient and/or not available.
- Configurable rules to allow users requesting absence going negative for a number of (days/units) defined as part of your Absence Policy.
- Ability to prevent Approvers (Managers and Administrators) from approving absences when whose Requestor is not eligible.
Overall, Absence Forecasting provides you the ability to configure and enforce your Absence Policies. For additional information about Absence Forecasting please download the most recent version of our Absence Forecasting white paper.