Is Your Current HR Service Delivery Model Working for You?
By Jay Zuckert on May 16, 2011
Your HR service delivery model may be BROKEN if :
- Your employees are not empowered to help themselves and waste time looking for the correct person to contact in HR.
- Employees revert to calling who they know in HR whenever they have an issue.
- Your employees make it a habit to answer-shop until they get the answers they wanted to hear or complain of slow HR response and resolution times.
- Your HR service agents do not consistently use your current case management system that they may view as a burden that does not add any value.
- Your HR agents typically handle inquiries they are over-qualified to resolve instead of focusing on more strategic initiatives that will contribute to the bottom line.
- HR service agents often recreate the wheel when assisting employees and provide inconsistent answers.
- Your HR agents suffer from a lack of employee insight to quickly respond to inquiries and are not accountable for their actions.
If any of the above issues sound familiar, it is time to examine your HR service delivery model and its underlying technology. Choosing the best service delivery approach for your organization often means considering a shift to a multi-tiered HR service model with key enabling technologies implemented.
Technology is an enabler that allows organizations to transform their HR service delivery practices and is an essential ingredient in service delivery excellence. To reduce costs while providing efficient world-class HR service delivery, organizations should deploy these key technical components.
- Employee HR Portal
- Automated Case Management
- HR Knowledge Base
- Employee Communications Tool
By enabling employees and managers to help themselves in the lower tiers of the service delivery model with self-service and access to an HR knowledge base, HR specialists are liberated from answering routine questions. This means they have more time to devote to strategic, or value-added, activities that benefit the organization. To learn more about the multi-tiered HR service delivery model, the technology that supports it, and how Oracle’s workforce service delivery offerings enable efficient HR service delivery, read the recently posted White Paper.