By John Webb on Nov 12, 2013
Once you have identified the features you believe can add value (see part 1 of this series here), we recommend that you use our Demo Images to quickly create a PeopleSoft environment where you can try out the new features. The Demo Images are virtual machines that run in VirtualBox. They contain a fully functioning PeopleSoft environment, including the database, PeopleTools, and the application. These images can be loaded onto nearly any sized machine that meets the specs outlined in the documentation, including a powerful desktop machine. The image allows you to very quickly deploy a fully functioning PeopleSoft instance that you can use to explore new features and functions or run a conference room pilot.
To take advantage these Demo Images:
- Go to the Demo Images Home Page (Doc id 1552548.1) on My Oracle Support.
- Use the " Demo Image Quick Start Guide" and additional documentation links on that page to download and install your desired Demo Image.
- When installed, use the Demo Image to explore the desired features and capabilities.
- It is not required to use the Demo Images to evaluate features and functions – any 9.2 instance will support this. We recommend use of the Demo Images because the setup and configuration is dramatically faster than doing a traditional PeopleSoft install.
- For those looking to explore new features and capabilities on PeopleSoft 9.1 releases, we have provided virtual machine images using the Oracle Virtual Machine technology. Details and links are available in Oracle’s PeopleSoft Virtualization Products page (Doc id 1538142.1).