Earlier this month I had the pleasure to attend the APPS18 User Group event in Liverpool and see many familiar faces among our customers and partners. Besides conducting Update & Roadmap sessions for both PeopleSoft HCM as well as Global Payroll for the UK, I was able to attend some of the other PeopleSoft sessions that were held that day for which I like to share some highlights:
- 10 Things you Need to Know When Developing Fluid Applications - The day started with great energy with this customer session on Fluid Uptake and their top ten hints, tips and tricks for developing Fluid applications.
- PeopleSoft Forms & Approval Builder - Another customer sessions, demonstrating the uptake and extension of this framework allowing the user to create simple PeopleSoft transactions with approvals, ideally suited as replacement of paper-based forms.
- PeopleSoft HCM Update and Roadmap - I have been sharing many examples across our Workforce- and Talent Management products, such as Time Entry, Employee Snapshot, Data Masking and Modernization of HR, illustrating major investments in User Experience, Compliance and Configurability.
More updates on PeopleSoft HCM are covered in the PeopleSoft Talk with Marc Weintraub, featuring Robbin Velayedam, available at: https://youtu.be/cm0VKYWtblk
- PeopleSoft Page & Field Configurator - David Bain, PeopleTools Strategy, who also chaired the PeopleSoft Keynote, ran a seperate session on this innovative new configurable framework, whereby "customization" is no longer a bad word.
- PeopleSoft UK Payroll Update and Roadmap - For Global Payroll, besides sharing the latest news around the upcoming YearEnd and StartOfYear updates for the UK, I have provided a live Demo of the newly available Fluid Payroll WorkCenter.
For UK Oracle User Group members who were not able to attend the event, a lot of the content as presented will be available thru the Library of the UKOUG. Thereby I also like to share my appreciation for the UKOUG for organizing this event and I hope to be back in the UK for the next User Group event.