Update: Firefox 3.0 contributed builds for Solaris 10
By pengyang on Jul 04, 2008
Thanks all for the feedback. The updated version of Firefox 3.0 contributed builds for Solaris 10 have been uploaded to the Mozilla ftp server: pkgadd tarball.
There are some changes to these builds to compare with the previous:
1. Add "--enable-official-branding" to the build option. Now it's Firefox, not Minefield.
2. Update the font to make Firefox 3.0 consistent with Firefox 2.0 on Solaris 10.
3. Enable jemalloc on Solaris ported by Ginn. It'll decrease the memory footprint for Firefox 3.0.
4. Add "--with-system-jpeg" which should fix the crash issue related to jpeg images.
5. Update the startup script to store the configure files in $HOME/.mozilla/firefox. Now the tarball builds can run on a read-only directory.
Please note that all the glib/atk/cairo/pango/dbus/dbus-glib libraries stay the same in the new builds:
The pkgadd users can keep the old ones and just reinstall the Firefox package.
BTW, Ginn's performance patches have been applied: . The performance improvement on SPARC is obvious to me. And the latest Flash Player release 220.127.116.11 has fixed the gmail crash issue.
Any problem, please feel free to raise it up.