The download and get involved page for OpenSolaris Mozilla-based projects is online
By pengyang on Apr 07, 2009
The download and get involved page for OpenSolaris Mozilla-based projects is online. This page highlights all the latest contributed builds (Firefox/Thunderbird etc.) come from Sun Beijing Desktop team and community contributions, and how to get involved in the Mozilla related development on OpenSolaris platform.
Any help will be appreciated:
1. Please review the page and report anything wrong or missing, or anything you advice us to include, to desktop dash discuss at opensolaris dot org.
2. Please try your best to download the contributed builds (tarball format) from the links on this page instead of grabbing from the contrib directory directly. This is VERY IMPORTANT for us to get the download number statistic from Mozilla and be part of the possible future "Firefox/Thunderbird download day".
3. Feel free to join the Mozilla developers/QEs to improve the Mozilla-based projects on OpenSolaris. Any bug reports/fixes, feature enhancement request are welcomed. Mozilla development/nightly builds, Mozilla bugzilla, Tinderbox trees, Mozilla Litmus etc. will be your friends.
4. Any interests in porting Mozilla-based projects to OpenSolaris, please feel free to take the ownership and notify us. Some potential projects have been listed in the page. The binaries can be linked on this page when available.
5. Please recommend the add-ons you like and they could be included on the page as well. For example, Weave 0.3 is just released, which can help sync the bookmarks, tabs, passwords, and histories across multiple browsers. This add-on must be helpful for many guys. Gary ported it to OpenSolaris x86 recently and it works fine on my OpenSolaris box (Thanks for the contribution, Gary!).
If you're interested in OpenSolaris or Mozilla (better both :-) ), please don't hesitate to join us!