Mozilla's second visit to Sun Beijing Office
By pengyang on May 28, 2007
It's a great honor to have three Mozilla guys coming to visit our Sun Beijing office this Wednesday(May 30th). They are:
Mike Schroepfer: vice president of engineering of Mozilla Cooperation, has been declared 40th most important person on the web by PC World last year.
Li Gong: head of Mozilla China.
The schedule for their visit is as below:
09:30 - 09:40 Welcome session
09:40 - 10:35 Mike Schroepfer(Firefox/Thunderbird future Roadmap/Focus/New features)
10:35 - 10:40 Break
10:40 - 11:10 Emily Chen/Dave Lin/Alfred Peng(The introduction of the Sun China Browser team -- developers, QE and RE)
11:10 - 11:15 Break
11:15 - 12:05 Li Gong(Mozilla China development)
12:05 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 14:20 John Rice(Use DTrace in Firefox development)
14:20 - 14:25 Break
16:35 - 16:40 Break
16:40 - 18:00 Discussion Session
Johnny's TOI session will include the following topics:
1. The architecture of Mozilla platform. It will explain the connections among different components, such as DOM/Layout/XPCOM/JS engine/XUL.
2. The development of Mozilla 2 and the effect of Mozilla 2 to the whole Mozilla platform.
3. The architecture of DOM and how the DOM module interacts with the other modules, there could be some discussion about the interaction between dom and the accessibility module.
4. The architecture of plugin. Some background of the plugin API evolution and possible change in the future.
5. The introduction of the tools for finding memory leak and performance tuning.