Jive Clearspace is Great on GlassFish
By paulsen on Feb 07, 2007
Clearspace on GlassFish
Clearspace is a new product from Jive Software that brings together blogs, forums, wiki, and more. The integration of these features is so seemless you might not be able to tell them apart. The User Interface is responsive and very intuitive. Tagging is supported throughout the software allowing you to browse wiki's, documents, discussions, and blogs by tag -- popular tags are even suggested when you add new content. All content can be rated by users, or users can leave comments on any type of content. The full role-based administration is powerful, yet simple.
I just can't say enough about this cool product. You need to try it yourself to see just how cool it is.
Below are the steps I took to get Clearspace running on my favorite application server (GlassFish):
- Download Clearspace (war file distribution)
- Put "jiveHome" directory where you want it (this directory is included in the download)
- Deploy the war file
- Goto GlassFish Admin Console: http://localhost:4848
- Navigate to: Web Applications -> Deploy...
- Select the "clearspace.war" file (included in the downloaded)
- Choose "OK"
- From the GlassFish Admin Console, click the "Launch" link next for the clearspace application.
- Follow Jive's setup wizard and enjoy!
I hope you find their software as useful as I did!