Part2 : Installing & configuring Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 stack on a JeOS Linux JeOS Appliance
By pgoutin on Jan 26, 2010
This note walks through the process of installing and configuring Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 on top of a JeOS Linux VirtualBox Appliance.
In a nutshell, the Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 installation consists in the following products :
1.Database - If you don't already have an Oracle database installed, choose Oracle Express Edition for a small footprint database. (Oracle XE is suitable for development only. Ignore the warning during installation about the database version as that pertains to production installations.)
3.Repository Creation Utility
On a separate system or your laptop, you can setup :
5.JDeveloper + SOA Extension for JDeveloper
Of course, this cookbook can be used to set up Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 on any supported Linux system (redhat 5.4, Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 5 update4).
This note is part of the following serie :
- Part 1 : Creating a Linux VirtualBox JeOS Appliance based
- Part 2 : Setup & configure Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 products in the VirtualBox JeOS Appliance to get a "Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 VirtualBox JeOS Appliance"
- Part 3 : Setup & configure jDeveloper on a separate system (your laptop) to deploy and run your Oracle SOA composite application in the "Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 VirtualBox JeOS Appliance"
To read more
The download location of the JeOS Linux VirtualBox Appliance ( fully configured with Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 ) will be posted shortly.
The size of the JeOS Linux VirtualBox Appliance (based on JeOS Ubuntu 08-04.3)
- before Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 setup is about 370MB
- after Oracle SOA Fusion11gR1 setup is about 10GB (4GB compressed)