Tuesday Jan 11, 2011
Thursday Nov 18, 2010
By Gerry Haskins on Nov 18, 2010
My SunSolve colleagues tell me that the ability to test sample scripted My Oracle Support (MOS) patch downloads is now available.
If you use scripted patch downloads, e.g. using 'wget', I highly recommend you take this opportunity to test the necessary changes to the download syntax in advance of the transition from SunSolve to MOS which is currently scheduled for December 10.
The document detailing the 'wget' syntax changes relating to the upcoming transition from SunSolve to MOS, http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-79-1199543.1-1, has been updated with the relevant instructions. I suggest you bookmark that document and return to it regularly for updates.
This blog is to inform customers about patching best practice, feature enhancements, and key issues. The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle. The Documents contained within this site may include statements about Oracle's product development plans. Many factors can materially affect these plans and the nature and timing of future product releases. Accordingly, this Information is provided to you solely for information only, is not a commitment to deliver any material code, or functionality, and SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Oracle. THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT WITH ORACLE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES. ORACLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIS INFORMATION. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gerry Haskins, Director, Software Lifecycle Engineer
- ORAchk Health Checks for the Oracle Stack (including Solaris)
- Heads up! Regression in Solaris 10 Kernel patch 15040-0 - now fixed in 15040-09
- Solaris 10 Patches Now On Monthly Release Cadence
- Nice Compare & Contrast of Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 Zones
- Next Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs, 150400 (SPARC) & 150401 (x86)
- Ooops, incorrect Recommended patchset uploaded April 21/22
- Solaris 10 1/13 patchset released and latest Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs
- October 2012 Security "Critical Patch Update" (CPU) information and downloads released
- SPARC SuperDuperCluster
- Will you app work on Solaris 11 ? New Pre-Flight Checker tool available