Wednesday Jun 06, 2012
Monday Sep 27, 2010
By Gerry Haskins-Oracle on Sep 27, 2010
Here's the presentation on Oracle Solaris Patching Strategy and Best Practices which Bob Netherton and I gave last week at Oracle Open World.
It was really great to meet so many customers. If you have any patch related questions, please feel free to follow up with me.
Director, Software Patch Services, Solaris Systems.
Tuesday Sep 14, 2010
By Gerry Haskins-Oracle on Sep 14, 2010
I'll be presenting on the Oracle Solaris Recommended Patch Strategy at Oracle Open World next week:
SESSION SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Title: Patching Best Practices for the Oracle Solaris Operating System
Track: Oracle Solaris
Time: 13:30 - 14:30
Venue: Moscone South
Room: Rm 301
I'll be at Oracle Open World Monday, September 20th, Wednesday, September 22nd, and Thursday, September 23rd.
I'd be delighted to meet you there. If you'd like to meet me to discuss anything to do with patching, please email me at Gerry.Haskins@oracle.com
For those who can't make it to Oracle Open World, I'll post the presentation here after the event. I'm also happy to talk to you by phone if you'd like to discuss anything about patching.
Director, Software Patch Services, Solaris Systems
This blog is to inform customers about patching best practice, feature enhancements, and key issues. The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle. The Documents contained within this site may include statements about Oracle's product development plans. Many factors can materially affect these plans and the nature and timing of future product releases. Accordingly, this Information is provided to you solely for information only, is not a commitment to deliver any material code, or functionality, and SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Oracle. THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT WITH ORACLE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES. ORACLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIS INFORMATION. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gerry Haskins, Director, Software Lifecycle Engineer
- Last Solaris 8 and 9 patches released
- Fancy trying Oracle Sun's new M7 processor in the Software In Silicon Cloud ?
- Solaris 9 exiting Extended Support period
- Solaris SRUs, patches, and IDRs available on MOS for bash vulnerabilities CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187
- ORAchk Health Checks for the Oracle Stack (including Solaris)
- Heads up! Regression in Solaris 10 Kernel patch 15040-0 - now fixed in 15040-09
- Solaris 10 Patches Now On Monthly Release Cadence
- Nice Compare & Contrast of Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 Zones
- Next Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs, 150400 (SPARC) & 150401 (x86)
- Ooops, incorrect Recommended patchset uploaded April 21/22