By Gerry Haskins on May 08, 2009
A software glitch caused a number of empty patches to be accidentally released last week. The PatchIDs are:
- 139555, revisions -01 to -07: Solaris 10: Kernel Patch
- 139556, revisions -01 to -07: Solaris 10_x86: Kernel Patch
- 139981-01: Solaris 10_x86: md patch
The above patches have been removed from SunSolve. All of these patches were empty (i.e. they contained no payload packages), so they are incapable of being installed or causing any problems on a customer system. This notice is simply to clear up any confusion.
The correct Kernel patch revisions are now available. These are:
- 139555-08, which is the Solaris 10 Kernel patch included in Solaris 10 5/09 (Update 7)
- 139556-08, which is the Solaris 10 Kernel patch included in Solaris 10_x86 5/09 (Update 7)
The correct "md" patch revision will be released shortly. This is:
- 139981-03: Solaris 10_x86: md patch
On behalf of Sun, I apologize most sincerely for any confusion or inconvenience caused.