Monday Jun 17, 2013
Thursday Jun 06, 2013
By Gerry Haskins on Jun 06, 2013
As I've noted in an update to my previous blog posting, Murphy's Law strikes again!
No sooner had I written that Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs 148888-xx (SPARC) and 148889-xx (x86) were here to stay for the foreseeable future, than the integration of the SR-IOV feature into rev-04 of these patches made it prudent to rejuvenate them.
So from July 2013, the Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs will change to be 150400-xx (SPARC) and 150401-xx (x86).
This blog is to inform customers about patching best practice, feature enhancements, and key issues. The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle. The Documents contained within this site may include statements about Oracle's product development plans. Many factors can materially affect these plans and the nature and timing of future product releases. Accordingly, this Information is provided to you solely for information only, is not a commitment to deliver any material code, or functionality, and SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Oracle. THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT WITH ORACLE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES. ORACLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIS INFORMATION. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gerry Haskins, Director, Software Lifecycle Engineer
- Heads up! Regression in Solaris 10 Kernel patch 15040-0 - now fixed in 15040-09
- Solaris 10 Patches Now On Monthly Release Cadence
- Nice Compare & Contrast of Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 Zones
- Next Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs, 150400 (SPARC) & 150401 (x86)
- Ooops, incorrect Recommended patchset uploaded April 21/22
- Solaris 10 1/13 patchset released and latest Solaris 10 Kernel PatchIDs
- October 2012 Security "Critical Patch Update" (CPU) information and downloads released
- SPARC SuperDuperCluster
- Will you app work on Solaris 11 ? New Pre-Flight Checker tool available
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Solaris