Monday Mar 05, 2012
Wednesday Apr 23, 2008
By user13333379 on Apr 23, 2008
Tuesday Sep 18, 2007
By user13333379 on Sep 18, 2007
I got quite some feedback on the performance tool CD. I have been able to make the CD available online for direct download. Allow me to describe it one more time in length as I did in my blog before:
What is it about?
At Sun, for our customers and partners, the Solaris Performance ToolsCD is a well known project of the Frankfurt benchmark center since 1999. This collection of (public domain) tools on a CD enables you to analyze on optimize Sun systems. The tools are used and maintained on a daily basis during our benchmark projects. The CD covers as well many information and links to performance related literature.
This is the fourth release of the ToolsCD with the focus on Solaris 10 support for SPARC and x86/x64 based Sun systems.
The CD covers within 300 MB:
dimSTAT v8.1 - collect and analyze performance data
Dtrace Tools - Brendan Gregg's collection of Dtrace scripts
K9Toolkit - freeware tools written using the KStat library on a Solaris 9
sysperfstat - displays utilization and saturation for CPU, memory, disk and network, all on one line.
cpuinfo - displays CPU configuration (number, type, clock and strands)
meminfo - displays configuration of physical memory and swap devices or files
iobar - displays io for disk-devices in a
iotop - displays
|iostat -x|in a
checkcable - prints the link up status for network interfaces
nicstat - prints statistics for the network interfaces such as KBytes/s read and write, Packets/s etc.
The Solaris Performance Tools CD is a best effort compilation which comes with a warranty disclaimer, as there is no guaranteed support for the Tools CD. Tool usage is on ones own risk. Horst Leitner is the chief editor of this CD. He's been compilng the work of the entire performance team. Please let them know if the software is helpful for you.
- Stefan Schneider
Application tuning, sizing, monitoring, porting on Solaris 11
- Oracle Solaris Binary Guarantee Program
- Adobe supports LiveCycle ES Central Output Server 5.7.1 on Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC)
- Adobe supports ColdFusion on Solaris 11 (SPARC)
- Software AG releases webMethods 9.0 Suite on Solaris 11 (SPARC,x64)
- Quest supports Spotlight for Oracle 89.0.2 on Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC, x64)
- Quest supports Privilege Manager for Unix 5.0 with Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC, x64)
- Quest supports Foglight with Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC, x64)
- Quest supports Shareplex for Oracle 18.104.22.168 with Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC, x64)
- Opentext releases Opentext Archive Storage Server 10.5 on Solaris 11
- Juniper Networks supports Steel-Belted Radius Carrier (SBRC) 7.5 on Solaris 11 (x86)