Sunday Nov 22, 2009
If I consider the gain in latency that an SSD brings versus a capacity disk - in the region of 100x - the solution seems obvious. Swapping must be much faster with an SSD. Since RAM is expensive versus SSD, I could even be tempted to design a system with little RAM and a large swap space on SSDs. In other words, I can ask myself if trying to prevent my system to page is still a good fight?[Read More]
Saturday Oct 17, 2009
Thursday Sep 24, 2009
Application tuning, sizing, monitoring, porting on Solaris 11
- OpenWay Optimized on Oracle SuperCluster
- Docker in the Zone with Oracle Solaris
- Scale up or Scale out?
- Surveillance Video Vault with Oracle SPARC T5
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 Beta is now available
- Sinosure Core Business System Excels on Oracle SPARC T5 and Solaris
- Oracle's Software In Silicon Cloud Is A Hit!
- Tivoli Storage Manager Supports Solaris 11.2
- Oracle for SAP Technology Update
- Oracle Supported Platforms by Software AG