By Parnian Taidi-Oracle on Aug 05, 2015
OpenWay Group is a payment processing software vendor headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. OpenWay’s WAY4 Card Issuing and Merchant Acquiring, Financial Switching, Personalized Mobile Payments, Mobile Wallet and other payment solutions successfully operate at 130 banks, processing and telecom companies in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa. WAY4 is a customer-centric rule-driven environment for debit, credit, prepaid and commercial cards, deposits, loans, current accounts, mobile money and other financial products, for targeted marketing campaigns and personalized self-service via ATMs, kiosks, POS terminals, web, mobile banking and other channels.
Recently OpenWay completed Oracle SuperCluster Optimized testing and certification. They had the following goals:
- Prove that the SuperCluster T5 solution performance meets and exceeds the results of a similarly scaled platform with traditional storage on volumes of up to 10 Million cards
- Demonstrate a configuration as close as possible to real life conditions: a complex credit card configuration and a long transaction history, high availability for authorizations, PCI DSS, as well as simulation of long distance between two sites.
- Measure the results in terms of TPS, response time and scalability
The tests were conducted on an Oracle T5 SuperCluster with:
- WAY4 CMS and Switch v03.40
- Oracle Database 11g, Release 2
- Oracle Database, Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Database, Advanced Security and Partitioning Options
- Oracle Solaris 11
Results demonstrated a 2x shorter average response time compared to a similarly scaled platform with traditional storage and great scalability on TPS and response time when adding more CPUs. The data encryption as per PA-DSS standards also resulted in only 5% performance overhead.“WAY4 CMS and Switch solutions by OpenWay have demonstrated a very high performance on the SuperCluster T5 while running in a high available configuration. This benchmark will create opportunities for OpenWay customers to benefit from the engineering solutions by Oracle on SuperCluster T5/Solaris platform while reaching another level of the service quality." - Dmitry Yatskaer, CTO OpenWay
More information about OpenWay Group can be found here and the Oracle Exastack Optimized program information is here.