Tuesday Nov 24, 2009
Monday Jan 07, 2008
By user13333379 on Jan 07, 2008
This is an outline of what he plans to publish:
- Definition of Throughput computing, multi-threading, and concurrency.
- Examples of benchmarks that of show application throughput.
- Explore system parallelism
- Unix commands and parallel options
- Concurrent builds/compiles.
- Configuring the system for parallelism
- Configuring applications for parallelism
- Concurrency vs multi-threading
- Single-Threaded jobs
- Database parallelism with Oracle
- Parallel loader and datapump
- Index build parallelism
- Concurrent processing in Oracle
- Configuring Oracle for CMT server
He is discussing all the key topics partners have to deal with in order to scale up their applications.
- Stefan Schneider
Wednesday Oct 17, 2007
By Steve Quan on Oct 17, 2007
I am Steve Quan, Sun's Opensource Segment Manager. I want to invite you to a webinar to learn how a Sun customer scaled their MySQL Enterprise Database to 64 threads.
Fotolog has become a Top 20 web destination using My SQL, Solaris & multithreading. Their senior MySQL DBA will explain how they scale in this InformationWeek webcast on 10/24 at 11A PT/2P ET.
Webcast Info and Registration.
Please let me know if you liked it and provide a comment!
Application tuning, sizing, monitoring, porting on Solaris 11
- Infosys Finacle Supports Over 1.9 Billion Customer Accounts on Oracle SuperCluster with Oracle Solaris 11
- Solaris/SPARC Tip for April: Making Existing Software Licenses Work
- IBM Supports Websphere Message Broker 8 on Solaris 11 (SPARC, x86)
- New World Records for SAP SD benchmarks on Oracle SPARC/Solaris
- Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta is available for download
- Don't Try This At Home #1: Never Anger the Python
- Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta is coming
- Oracle Solaris Binary Guarantee Program
- Adobe supports LiveCycle ES Central Output Server 5.7.1 on Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC)
- Adobe supports ColdFusion on Solaris 11 (SPARC)