By Caryltakvorian-Oracle on May 01, 2014
In this guide we are explaining why these features make perfect sense for SAS Systems Administrators and provide a simple cookbook for how Kernel Zones can be easily provisioned and duplicated with Oracle Solaris Unified Archives.
Topics covered in the guide:
- What are Kernel Zones?
- Why are they relevant for SAS Deployments?
- A simplified walkthrough
- Creating the Kernel Zone
- Post Installation Considerations
- Performance Impact - Minimal
- Cloning & Deployment Using Solaris Unified Archives
- Upgrading from Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2
Do you want to check all those new features for yourself? Download the Oracle Solaris 11.2 Beta