Wednesday Mar 13, 2013
Wednesday Dec 19, 2012
By user13333379 on Dec 19, 2012
ISVs who are Oracle Partner Network Gold members with a specialization in the Solaris knowledge zone can apply for free access in OPN.
The lab offers the following features to it's users:
- Lifetime of project: 45 days (extensions granted on demand)
- Up to 5 virtual machines in a private network
- Virtual Machine technology: Solaris zones
- Resources per VM
- processor support: SPARC or x86
- OS version: OracleSolaris 11.0
- 4GB physical memory
- 4GB swap space
- 10GB local filesystem storage
- 10GB network filesystem (NFS) mounted on all virtual machines
- Networking configuration
- The only external network routes are to Partner's other Virtual Machines
- No network routing to the Internet
- The SMB (CIFS) sharing protocol is not available between Virtual Machines
- Device Access
- Applications that assume the existence of /devices will not run in a Virtual Machine
- Applications that use eeprom to modify SPARC eeprom setting will not run in a Virtual Machine
- The following utilities do not work properly in Virtual Machines:
- add_drv, disks, prtconf, prtdiag, rem_dev
- Access technology: Secure Global Desktop, file up and download
- root access within VM
- Available VM templates (both processor architectures)
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (126.96.36.199) for Solaris with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g
- Weblogic 12c
- SAMP: Apache http server, PHP, MySQL, phpadmin
- on all templates and images: Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 for application development
- Online application for Oracle Solaris remote Lab
- Developer Webinar about the Oracle Solaris Remote Lab
- Everything an Oracle Solaris Developer needs...
Thursday Nov 22, 2012
By user13333379 on Nov 22, 2012
Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) who develop applications for Solaris 11 can exploit a number of interesting services as long as they are OPN Members with a Gold (or above) status and a Solaris Knowledge specialization:
- Free access to a Solaris development cloud with preconfigured Solaris developer zones through the
- apply for the: Oracle Exastack Remote Labs to get free access to Solaris development environments for SPARC and x86.
- Free access to patches and support information through MOS for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Studio, Oracle Solaris Cluster including updates for development systems
- apply for the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative.
- Free email developer support for all questions around Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Studio, Oracle Solaris Cluster and Oracle technologies integrating with Solaris 11
- apply for the Solaris Adoption Technical Assistance.
Thursday Jul 12, 2012
By user13333379 on Jul 12, 2012
Oracle's Solaris Organization is pleased to announce a Technical Webinar for Developers on Oracle Solaris 11:
"Scripting and other advanced IPS Topics"
By Eric Reid and Brock Pytlik
July 17, 2012 9:00 AM PDT
This bi-weekly webinar series (every other Tuesday @ 9 a.m. PTD) is designed for ISVs, IHVs, and Application Developers who want a deep-dive overview about how they can deploy Oracle Solaris 11 into their application environments. This series will provide you the unique opportunity to learn directly from Oracle Solaris ISV Engineers and will include LIVE Q&A via chat with subject matter experts from each topic area.
Any OTN member can register for this free webinar here.
Friday Jan 27, 2012
By user13333379 on Jan 27, 2012
Making applications available on Oracle Solaris 11 is simpler than ever before. Most applications applications are known to work smoothly in a Solaris 11 native environment.
The Oracle Partner Network provides a comprehensive portfolio of services and resources for a smooth and cost efficient release of the application on Solaris 11.[Read More]
Application tuning, sizing, monitoring, porting on Solaris 11
- Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta refresh
- DB2 v10.1 Now Supports Solaris 11 (SPARC)
- Why ISVs Run Applications on Oracle SuperCluster
- Oracle Joins OpenDaylight Project, Plans to Integrate OpenDaylight SDN Capabilities Into Oracle Solaris
- Oracle regains the #1 UNIX Shipments Marketshare
- Want to setup a Hadoop Cluster from a Solaris Unified Archive?
- Guide to using Solaris 11.2 Kernel Zones and Unified Archives with SAS
- Oracle SPARC/Solaris - Coming to EMC World May 5-8
- Announcing Solaris 11.2 - Engineered for Cloud
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 - Engineered for Cloud