Tuesday Apr 16, 2013
Tuesday Jan 17, 2012
Monday Jan 09, 2012
By user13333379 on Jan 09, 2012
Tuesday Sep 18, 2007
By user13333379 on Sep 18, 2007
I got quite some feedback on the performance tool CD. I have been able to make the CD available online for direct download. Allow me to describe it one more time in length as I did in my blog before:
What is it about?
At Sun, for our customers and partners, the Solaris Performance ToolsCD is a well known project of the Frankfurt benchmark center since 1999. This collection of (public domain) tools on a CD enables you to analyze on optimize Sun systems. The tools are used and maintained on a daily basis during our benchmark projects. The CD covers as well many information and links to performance related literature.
This is the fourth release of the ToolsCD with the focus on Solaris 10 support for SPARC and x86/x64 based Sun systems.
The CD covers within 300 MB:
dimSTAT v8.1 - collect and analyze performance data
Dtrace Tools - Brendan Gregg's collection of Dtrace scripts
K9Toolkit - freeware tools written using the KStat library on a Solaris 9
sysperfstat - displays utilization and saturation for CPU, memory, disk and network, all on one line.
cpuinfo - displays CPU configuration (number, type, clock and strands)
meminfo - displays configuration of physical memory and swap devices or files
iobar - displays io for disk-devices in a
iotop - displays
|iostat -x|in a
checkcable - prints the link up status for network interfaces
nicstat - prints statistics for the network interfaces such as KBytes/s read and write, Packets/s etc.
The Solaris Performance Tools CD is a best effort compilation which comes with a warranty disclaimer, as there is no guaranteed support for the Tools CD. Tool usage is on ones own risk. Horst Leitner is the chief editor of this CD. He's been compilng the work of the entire performance team. Please let them know if the software is helpful for you.
- Stefan Schneider
Application tuning, sizing, monitoring, porting on Solaris 11
- New Record for Infosys Finacle on Oracle SuperCluster M7
- New SAP-SD 2-Tier 1-node Benchmark Record on SPARC T7-2
- ISV Partners See Amazing Results on SPARC M7-Based Systems
- Informatica New V10 release on Oracle Exadata and Oracle SuperCluster
- Asseco def3000/CB Core Banking Systems Optimized on Oracle SuperCluster
- Oracle ISV Engineering at Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- Innovative Software Provider Moves to SPARC Solaris
- Temenos T24 Optimized for Oracle SuperCluster
- OpenWay Optimized on Oracle SuperCluster
- Docker in the Zone with Oracle Solaris