By Caryltakvorian-Oracle on Jul 07, 2015
Oracle Solaris 11.3 Beta is now available for download!
The Oracle Solaris 11.3 Beta program is an opportunity for developers and architects of our ISV partners to evaluate a pre-release version of the latest Oracle Solaris enterprise cloud platform.
Some of the key new features in this release:
- Oracle Solaris’ advanced and easy to use, built-in security features help you prevent hacking and avoid malware for the lifetime of your applications, from install to run-time and prove it simply! Through the bundled compliance tools, tailored reports can be generated easily and rapidly saving money and time.
- Support for Oracle's Software in Silicon ADI feature on SPARC M7 processors. Oracle Solaris 11.3 introduces support for this new functionality through both tools (mdb, DTrace) and APIs through a new libadimalloc system library.
- Live Migration for Kernel Zones. You can now move kernel zones instances around in your cloud infrastructure without incurring an outage.
- Updated OpenStack software to the Juno version of OpenStack, including new services like Heat, Ironic and the Murano application catalog from our friends at Mirantis.
- Oracle Solaris virtualization technologies give you all the flexibility of a hypervisor with the performance and density of a container, enabling you to deploy your enterprise workloads safely and securely, in traditional or OpenStack based cloud environments.
- Simplified and fast lifecycle management provides for large gains in productivity and lower cost of operations, enabling you to build new products and services and deliver on your business strategy faster.