Infosys Finacle Supports Over 1.9 Billion Customer Accounts on Oracle SuperCluster with Oracle Solaris 11
By Parnian Taidi-Oracle on Apr 10, 2014
The tests were conducted across a mix of 12 business-critical online transactions and batch processes. The Finacle solution(1) was tested on an Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle SPARC T5 servers with Oracle Solaris 11 to determine its performance and scalability parameters.
The test also saw Finacle processing 726 million effective transactions in four hours, or over 50,000 average transactions per second, to manage workloads comprising of multiple online transactions and customer touch points as well as third-party systems.
- The Finacle core banking solution(1) processed interest accruals for over one billion term deposit accounts in less than 87 minutes, or an average of 213,000 records per second.
- The solution demonstrated its ability to manage large delivery channel workloads by processing 204 million effective transactions in 35 minutes, or an average of 97,000 effective transactions per second.
- Interest payments to over 79 million savings accounts were processed in 32 minutes, or an average of 41,000 transactions per second.
- The test was simulated on the Finacle database of over 49 terabytes having over 205,000 branches and more than a million branch users.
- Finacle’s latest performance levels(1) have shown an improvement of three to five times over its own earlier established benchmarks.
Infosys achieves Oracle SuperCluster
Infosys Finacle(1) has earned the Oracle SuperCluster Optimized status through Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), demonstrating that Finacle(1) has been tested and tuned on Oracle SuperCluster to deliver speed, scalability, and reliability to customers. Infosys is a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork.
Read the press release.
More information about Infosys on Oracle
Infosys Finacle Core Banking Solution on Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle’s SPARC T-Series Servers
(1) Infosys Ltd., conducted a performance benchmark exercise of Finacle Core Banking Solution version 10.2.13 (herein referred to as ‘Finacle’) on Oracle Solaris 11.1 operating system, Oracle T4/T5 servers at the web, JEE and application layers. Further, Oracle RAC database was deployed on Oracle SuperCluster, WebLogic Server 10.3.6 was deployed on JEE servers and Oracle Http Server 184.108.40.206 was deployed on Web servers for online transaction processing mix of 12 business critical transactions
(2) The benchmark was simulated on Finacle database of size 49.84TB having 205,028 branches, 947,364,904 customers, total of 1,969,026,822 accounts, 17,825,570,000 transaction history and 1,037,904 branch user.
(3) China’s population figure as of 2012 from World Bank website
(4)As per the recent CEB Towergroup report titled Planning Your Cross-Channel Future published on Dec 2012, the total volume of transactions per year in US is 73.9 billion or 205 million transactions per day