By Caryltakvorian-Oracle on Mar 17, 2014
The Oracle Solaris Studio team is ready to release the Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta with planned availability late March 2014, product general availability second half of 2014, and are now accepting nominations for customers and ISVs to participate.
New features and functionality of Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta include:
- Compiler and library optimizations for Oracle SPARC-T4/T5/M5/M6, Fujitsu M10, and Intel Ivy Bridge servers
- New C++ compiler and dbx debugger that support the C++2011 language standard
- Performance Analyzer improvements that include a new "Smart Start" capability to guide application performance analysis, remote data analysis, and cross-architecture support
- Code Analyzer improvements that reduce the overhead and improve the accuracy of memory leak detection and 40 other typical programming errors
- Support for new OpenMP 4.0 standard, including Region Cancellation, Thread Affinity, Tasking Extensions and Sequentially Consistent Atomics
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) improved response time and reduced memory footprint to efficiently handle very large source repositories
Quick update to this entry:
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta is now available for download!
Start learning about these new features by reviewing the What's New document and check the Release Notes for the installation instructions, known issues and limitations of this Beta.