Global Nerve Center (GNC) - What is it?
Oracle has invested heavily in creating the next generation of Oracle’s Cloud operation center. In addition to the 21 Cloud Data Centers and Support worldwide, we are now pleased to introduce the Global Nerve Center (GNC).
What Is the Global Nerve Center?
The Global Nerve Center centralizes the best Cloud operations resources into locations worldwide. Oracle has constructed three massive, always-on, new command and operational facilities. These geographically-distributed locations provide a 24/7 ‘follow-the-sun’ support model, with the ultimate goal to improve the customer experience and success:
- Reading, UK – operational ramp-up started September 2015
- Bangalore, India – operational ramp-up started December 2015
- Bozeman, Montana – operational ramp-up planned for August 2017
These three linked facilities are dedicated to handling maintenance activities, unplanned outages and incidents, and will provide more cogent, accurate, and timely information around outages and incidents. In addition to investing in the latest, cutting edge technology, we are also 100% committed in investing in our people. At the end of the day, it is the people that make the biggest difference.
Oracle’s Cloud Services are being transitioned to this next generation Cloud operations center over time with several services already operational in GNC. The Fusion Applications Cloud Service is the next service scheduled to transition to GNC, and is targeted to be fully operational by the 2nd quarter of 2016.
Global Nerve Center Benefits
The investment in the GNC will enable Oracle to deliver a next generation cloud customer experience. Direct benefits:
Finally, these facilities are built to support the highest US and UK government security standards for Cloud operations. Customer visits are encouraged, and individuals who have toured the facilities are comparing them to NASA and ESA mission launch and control facilities!
- Keeping up with your business – Dedicated to perform at ‘speed of light’ allowing you to scale when needed and reduce issue to resolution time.
- System Availability – Continuous monitoring to minimize issues, benchmark performance, and maximize uptime.
- Transparency – Insight into system status, notifications, and other key resources