Upgrade 10g Osso to 11g OAM
By Pankaj on Nov 20, 2010
To be frank , this is a really cool feature specially when you want to upgrade production & don't want a downtime while migration . I will be taking through the step-by-step details on the same , but before that here is an overview .
Typical OSSO Server Deployment Topology
A Cluster of 10g SSO Servers Front-ended by a Load Balancer (LBR)
User accesses a protected resource , Agent intercepts it and redirects to the LBR
->LBR routes the request to one of the SSO Servers in the cluster
->The SSO Server authenticates and sets a SSO_ID Cookie containing the session state.
Now with Co-existance , we can use phase migration approach & replace the osso server with OAM 11g servers one by one .The cluster now will have both 10g SSO Servers and 11g OAM Server(s) ( till all the servers are upgraded )
So whats the problem?
- 10g SSO Server sets a SSO_ID cookie
- 11g OAM Server sets an OAM_ID cookie
- They don't understand each other's cookies . They don't honor sessions created by each other.
- Single Sign on wouldn't work
Solution 11g OAM Server should also
- Understand the 10g SSO Cookie
- Create/Update the 10g SSO Cookie