By Pankaj on Apr 28, 2014
A quick note on how to install EMCLI which is used for various CLI operations from EM . I was looking to test some Database provisioning automation via EMCLI and thus was looking to setup the same .
To set up EMCLI on the host, follow these steps:
1. Download the emcliadvancedkit.jar from the OMS using URL https://<omshost>:<omsport>/em/public_lib_download/emcli/kit/emcliadvancedkit.jar
2. Set your JAVA_HOME environment variable and ensure that it is part of your PATH. You must be running Java 1.6.0_43 or greater. For example:
o setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/packages/j2sdk
o setenv PATH $JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
3. You can install the EMCLI with scripting option in any directory either on the same machine on which the OMS is running or on any machine on your network (download the emcliadvancedkit.jar to that machine)
java -jar emcliadvancedkit.jar client -install_dir=<emcli client dir>
4. Run emcli help sync from the EMCLI Home (the directory where you have installed emcli) for instructions on how to use the "sync" verb to configure the client for a particular OMS.
5. Navigate to the Setup menu then the Command Line Interface. See the Enterprise Manager Command Line Tools Download page for details on setting EMCLI.