Tuesday Dec 15, 2015
Tuesday Jul 19, 2011
By Ahmed Awan-Oracle on Jul 19, 2011
1. HTTP Compression should be enabled on the OBIEE site level as performance may hindered if enabled globally.
Tip: Run the following command line option to apply Dynamic Compression on OBIEE web site level, note in below command replace the “obiee” website placeholder with your web site name:
Navigate to Path: C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv\ and Run the command: Appcmd.exe set config "obiee" -section:system.webServer/urlCompression /doDynamicCompression:"True"
2. Only static compression is installed by default. Ensure dynamic compression feature is installed via Web Server (IIS) > Add Role Services Wizard; for step by step details refer to IIS 7.x documentation. Increase the compression level of static and dynamic files. Note: dynamic compression level default value is 0 and for static compression level default value is 7. As stated below change the level of compression (in gzip) for dynamic files to 7 and for static files to 9
Tip: Run the following command line option to increase GZip Compression Level:
Navigate to Path: C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv\ and Run the command: Appcmd.exe set config -section:httpCompression -[name='gzip'].staticCompressionLevel:9 -[name='gzip'].dynamicCompressionLevel:7
Important Note: Raise the dynamic compression level above seven only if you need more network bandwidth and have sufficient CPU capacity to handle the extra load.
3. Restart the IIS HTTP Server.
A blog focused on Tips & Tricks about Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), Oracle Exalytics and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) products.
[Blog Admin: ahmed awan]
Popular Whitepaper Downloads
- OBIEE 12c: Increasing the Node Manager JAVA Heap Size
- OBIEE 12c: Remove Init block users from the catalog
- OBIEE 12c: How to Revoke/Grant Data Visualizations Permissions using WLST
- Configuring BI 12c with IIS 8.5
- OBIEE 12c: External Subject Area Cache Configuration
- OBIEE 12c: User's group and application role are not applied
- What you need to know on OBIEE 12c for a successful upgrade
- How to display images in BICS
- EPM 11.1.2.x - Populating Today’s Date in Planning/PBCS with a Business Rule
- EPM 11.1.2.x Essbase - DATAEXPORT calc command and CALCLOCKBLOCK/LOCKBLOCK