OBIEE 11.1.1 - Disable Wrap Data Types in WebLogic Server 10.3.5
By Ahmed Awan on Nov 17, 2011
By default, JDBC data type’s objects are wrapped with a WebLogic wrapper. This allows for features like debugging output and track connection usage to be done by the server. The wrapping can be turned off by setting this value to false. This improves performance, in some cases significantly, and allows for the application to use the native driver objects directly.
Tip: How to Disable Wrapping in WLS Administration Console
You can use the Administration Console to disable data type wrapping for following JDBC data sources in bifoundation_domain domain:
Data Source Name
To disable wrapping for each JDBC data source (as stated in above table):
1. If you have not already done so, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Lock & Edit.
2. In the Domain Structure tree, expand Services, then select Data Sources.
3. On the Summary of Data Sources page, click the data source name for example “mds-owsm”.
4. Select the Configuration: Connection Pool tab.
5. Scroll down and click Advanced to show the advanced connection pool options.
6. In Wrap Data Types, deselect the checkbox to disable wrapping.
7. Click Save.
8. To activate these changes, in the Change Center of the Administration Console, click Activate Changes.
Important Note: This change does not take effect immediately—it requires the server be restarted.