Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 5.4 provides support for Application Implementation and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Intelligence (BI) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Enterprise 2.0, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance is provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor, UPK, and Knowledge Pathways.
This release features:
- Oracle Support Services Supplemental Guide
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Tactical Project Delivery View
- Manage technique: Metrics for Agile Projects
- Envision Models View
- Envision techniques: Accelerating SOA Maturity, Measuring SOA for Improved Business Value, Operational Troubleshooting, Service Engineering Process Monitoring, SOA Capacity Planning
- Enhanced / Updated:
- Core Workflow View
- "Planning a Project Using the Oracle Unified Method (OUM) – An Iterative and Incremental Approach" White Paper
- "Managing an OUM Project using Scrum" White Paper
- Manage Work Breakdown Structure
- Template Styles and Format
- For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's full complement of Enterprise Application suites including: product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
Oracle customers may obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure – by contracting with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer and meeting some additional minimum criteria. Customers, who have a signed consulting contract with Oracle and meet the engagement qualification criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three-year access period. Training courses are also available to these customers. Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners who participate in one of the following Knowledge Zones are able to access the method, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
From the Knowledge Zone pages (listed above),
- Select the "Implement" tab.
- Select the "Tools and Resources" link.
- Locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
To learn more about:
OUM Customer Program
- contact email@example.com, visit blogs.oracle.com/oum, join Oracle Unified Method group on LinkedIn.com, follow oum_info on Twitter.com.
- contact your Oracle Sales Representative.
- contact your local Oracle Consulting representative or visit oracle.com/consulting.
- Oracle's PartnerNetwork
- visit oracle.com/partners.