ORACLE® UNIFIED METHOD RELEASE 6.3
Oracle’s Full Lifecycle Method for Deploying Oracle-Based Business Solutions
Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.3 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
This release features:
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach to the Application Implementation Method (AIM) Mapping
- OUM Project Workplan, available in Primavera format, includes Tasks from OUM's Manage and Implement Focus Area
- RACI - Responsibility Assignment Technique, Template, and Examples
- Document Application Configuration Changes [MC.055] Task and Template
- Top-Level Business Capabilities Diagram [EA.040] Template and Capability Analysis Results Presentation [EA.040] Template
- Maturity Analysis Presentation [ER.015] Template
- Access to Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS) Implementation Training to Aid Project Managers Interfacing with OMCS
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Guidance and Templates updated based on Field Input
- Template Functionality and Format revised based on Field Requests, specifically removed Oracle Method Template Engine (OMTE) and converted to Microsoft Office 2007 format
- Template User's Guide revised to address Template Functionality and Format revisions such as Changing Variables, Updating Field Codes, and Removing Yellow Notes
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan updated to include Document Application Configuration Changes [MC.055] Task and Activity Filter, converted to MS Project 2007 format, and removed reliance on
- OUM-specific Microsoft Project Template [Global.mpt] *OUM Microsoft Project Workplan User's Guide updated to reflect changes to OUM Microsoft Project Workplan
- Project Management Framework supporting Tasks and Templates updated based on Subject Matter Experts Feedback
- For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the What's New page of the Method Pack
releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's Enterprise
Application suites including product-suite specific materials and
guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
OUM Customer Program allows customers to obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure in one of two ways:
- OUM Customer Program – No-Cost Option: Customers, who have a signed contract with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer meeting some additional minimum criteria, are
permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three year access period.
- OUM Customer Program – Purchase Option: Customers who do not qualify for the free option, and who do not wish to engage Oracle consultants, can opt to purchase the OUM Method Pack. The price for an unlimited, perpetual license is 16,000 USD. This allows the customer to distribute OUM within their enterprise for internal use. At the time of purchase, customers are also able to purchase an initial three year subscription for 15% of the purchase price or 2,400 USD. After the initial subscription period, the subscription may be renewed annually for 2,400 USD. This subscription allows them to download updates to OUM during the subscription period.
Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.