Oracle Unified Method (OUM) 6.1
By user714714 on Nov 08, 2013
ORACLE® UNIFIED METHOD RELEASE 6.1
Oracle’s Full Lifecycle Method
for Deploying Oracle-Based Business Solutions
About | Release | Access | Previous Announcements
Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.1 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
This release features:
- Project Manager and Consultant views provide quick access to material relevant to each role
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Solution Delivery Guide 3.0 and Project Workplan Template
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan Template and User's Guide updated to facilitate review and removal of out-of-scope Activities and Tasks
- MC.050 Application Setup Template available in Microsoft Excel format in addition to Microsoft Word format
- BT.070 Abbreviated Project Management Framework Presentation Template
- Envision Examples for Enterprise Organization Structures (BA.020), Enterprise Business Context Diagram (BA.045), and High-Level Use Cases (BA.060)
- Implement Examples for System Context Diagram (RD.005), Business Use Case Model (RA.015), Use Case Model (RA.023), MoSCoW List (RD.045), and Analysis Specification (AN.100)
- Home Page drop-down menu allows access to the method by Role, Supplemental Guidance, Method Repository, or View
For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack.
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's Enterprise Application suites including product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
Oracle customers may obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure – by contracting with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer and meeting some additional minimum criteria. Customers, who have a signed consulting contract with Oracle and meet the engagement qualification criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three-year access period. Training courses are also available to these customers. Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.