By user714714 on Jul 23, 2014
Course Description | Access | Training Program
The Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) Project Workplan Overview training consists of a collection of short, independent modules that provide information about and a demonstration of key features of the OUM Project Workplan.
The OUM Project Workplan, available in Microsoft Project format, includes tasks from OUM's Manage and Implement Focus Areas and can be: executed at the activity-level or task-level, tailored easily for most OUM Implement views, and updated with effort from the OUM Estimating Model.
- Audience: Bid Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Project Management, Program Management, Solution Architects, Team Leads, Delivery Consultants
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: This training can be taken on-line or downloaded and taken off-line at your leisure
- Time Required: The duration of the modules ranges from 3 to 40 minutes
Customers enrolled in the OUM Customer Program are able to access the training courses from the Oracle Learning Library.
- Go to the OUM page on the Oracle Learning Library.
- Select the "OUM Project Management Skills" tab.
Learn about the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the training courses from the OPN Portal.
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
- Expand the "Training " section.
- Select the "OUM Training Program" link.
- Expand the "Level 2" section.
- Go to the "Level 2 - OUM Project Workplan Overview" sub-section.
The Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) Training Program helps to ensure that individuals in delivery and management roles have the level of knowledge about OUM that is required for them to competently perform their job.
The Program consists of four levels of training:
- Level 1 – Overview and Awareness
- Level 2 – Focus Area Overviews for Manage, Envision, Implement
- Level 2 – Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Overview
- Level 2 – Use Case Overview
- Level 3 – Gathering Requirements using OUM
- Level 4D – Discipline-specific Delivery Readiness
Levels 1, 2, and 4 are online, self-service courses. Level 3 is a two-day, instructor-led course available for a fee.