By user714714-Oracle on Jul 19, 2013
ORACLE® UNIFIED METHOD RELEASE 6.0
Oracle’s Full Lifecycle Method
for Deploying Oracle-Based Business Solutions
About | Release | Access | Previous Announcements
Oracle is evolving the Oracle® Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful implementation of every Oracle product. OUM replaces Legacy Methods, such as AIM Advantage, AIM for Business Flows, EMM Advantage, PeopleSoft's Compass, and Siebel's Results Roadmap.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.0 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
This release features:
- OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach Solution Delivery Guide and Project Workplan
- Scrum View and Project Workplan
- Mapping and Configuration (MC) Process
- Nominal Group Technique
- Compliance with Oracle's Accessibility Guidelines - Phase One
- Enhanced / Updated:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Custom Development and Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management Implementation Views and Supplemental Guides merged into Business Intelligence (BI) View and Supplemental Guide
- OUM Microsoft Project Workplan Template and User's Guide aligned with OUM 6.0 Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Activity-level Dependencies, consolidated Views, and enhanced Row Filtering
- Oracle Support Services Supplemental Guide expanded for Incident Management
- Activities and Tasks in Implement Focus Area reorganized to achieve commonality of discipline and required skills for all Tasks within an Activity in order to facilitate planning using Partitions (for Configuration and Custom Work) and Iterations
- Organizational Change Management Process aligned with current Leading Practices, specifically Activities and Tasks in the Inception and Elaboration Phases
- Scrum to OUM Mapping
For a comprehensive list of features and enhancements, refer to the "What's New" page of the Method Pack.
Upcoming releases will provide expanded support for Oracle's Enterprise Application suites including product-suite specific materials and guidance for tailoring OUM to support various engagement types.
Oracle customers may obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure – by contracting with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer and meeting some additional minimum criteria. Customers, who have a signed consulting contract with Oracle and meet the engagement qualification criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three-year access period. Training courses are also available to these customers. Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.