By user714714-Oracle on Nov 01, 2016
ORACLE® UNIFIED METHOD RELEASE 6.4
Oracle’s Full Lifecycle Method
for Deploying Oracle-Based Business Solutions
About | Release | Access | Previous Announcements
Oracle is evolving the Oracle®
Unified Method (OUM) to achieve the vision of supporting the entire
Enterprise IT Lifecycle, including support for the successful
implementation of every Oracle product.
OUM provides an implementation approach that is rapid, broadly adaptive, and business-focused. OUM includes a comprehensive project and program management framework and materials to support Oracle's growing focus on enterprise-level IT strategy, architecture, and governance.
OUM release 6.4 provides support for Application Implementation, Cloud Application Services Implementation, and Software Upgrade projects as well as the complete range of technology projects including Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Security, WebCenter, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application Integration Architecture (AIA), Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Integration, and Custom Software. Detailed techniques and tool guidance are provided, including a supplemental guide related to Oracle Tutor and UPK.
This release features:
- Cloud Home Page – Added to Highlight Cloud Support in OUM
- CAS OUM (Cloud Application Services OUM) [previously OUM Cloud Application Services Implementation Approach] – Updated Task and Activity/Task Group Identifiers, Updated Terminology
- Operate Focus Area – Added to Provide Visibility into Services Offered by Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS)
- Establish Governance Activity [previously Complete Project Management Plan] – Renamed and reframed to place greater emphasis on its main objective, which is to establish project governance by engaging in a dialogue to collaboratively define the processes which will be used to govern and control the project from start to finish. This approach recognizes that the delivery of documentation, while necessary and important, should be the byproduct of rather than the driver for conversation.
- Project Management Plan (PMP) template [previously Project Management Framework] – Developed to streamline the process for documenting project governance. The BT.070 task was renamed to Create Project Management Plan and the guidance was updated. All related tasks that contribute to the PMP were revised to refer to the new PMP template eliminating the prior individual templates. The PMP should be used to document the processes that govern the project. Once defined, the PMP will remain relatively fixed and only require updates if there are material changes to the governance.
- Acceptance Certificate [SM.040] Updated and Delivery Note [SM.040] Added - Clarified that acceptance, agreement, and acknowledgment should be secured using one of these templates. Removed signature boxes / sign-off pages and project manager countersignature from all templates.
- Risk Management Process, Tasks, and Templates – Streamlined Flow and Clarified Content
The OUM Customer Program allows customers to obtain copies of the method for their internal use – including guidelines, templates, and tailored work breakdown structure in one of two ways:
- OUM Customer Program – No-Cost Option:
Customers, who have a signed contract with Oracle for a consulting engagement of two weeks or longer meeting some additional minimum criteria, are permitted to download the current release of OUM for their perpetual use. They may also obtain subsequent releases published during a renewable, three year access period.
- OUM Customer Program – Purchase Option:
Customers who do not qualify for the free option, and who do not wish to engage Oracle consultants, can opt to purchase the OUM Method Pack. The price for an unlimited, perpetual license is 16,000 USD. This allows the customer to distribute OUM within their enterprise for internal use. At the time of purchase, customers are also able to purchase an initial three year subscription for 15% of the purchase price or 2,400 USD. After the initial subscription period, the subscription may be renewed annually for 2,400 USD. This subscription allows them to download updates to OUM during the subscription period.
Contact your local Oracle Sales Representative about enrolling in the OUM Customer Program.
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners
OPN Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Partners are able to access the OUM method pack, training courses, and collateral from the OPN Portal at no additional cost:
- Go to the OPN Portal at partner.oracle.com.
- Select "Sign In / Register for Account".
- Sign In.
- From the Product Resources section, select "Applications".
- From the Applications page, locate and select the "Oracle Unified Method" link.
- From the Oracle Unified Method Knowledge Zone, locate the "I want to:" section.
- From the I want to: section, locate and select "Implement Solutions".
- From the Implement Solution page, locate the "Best Practices" section.
- Locate and select the "Download Oracle Unified Method (OUM)" link.
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 6.4
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 6.3
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 6.2
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 6.1
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 6.0
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 5.6
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 5.5
- Oracle Unified Method (OUM) Release 5.4
- Oracle EMM Advantage Retired
- Retirement of Oracle EMM Advantage Planned for December 01, 2011