New Style Sheet in Release PeopleTools 8.50: Free Form Stylesheet by Pascal Thaler
By Georgiana Codrescu on Oct 26, 2011
Since Release PeopleTools 8.50, free form sub style sheets are text-based sub style sheets that enable you to take advantage of Cascading Style Sheets– Level 2 (CSS2), AJAX, and DHTML features.
With a free form sub style sheet, you can create the style sheet in a third-party editor text and then copy the style sheet text into the Free Form tab of the free form sub style sheet definition.
When creating free form style sheets, style class names (like PSEDITBOX for example) must be identical to the PeopleTools default style class names.
If the default page style sheet includes only free form text, the free form sub style sheet must define and include all default style classes used by the application.
PSSTYLEDEF_SWAN is the default application style sheet. The PSSTYLEDEF_SWAN style sheet comprises all default style classes and consists of these sub style sheets (list only free form sub style sheet):
- PSNAV2_SWAN: Defines the 8.50 Menu pagelet navigation style classes
- PSPOPUP_CSS_SWAN: Defines the pop-up dialog box page style classes.
- PSTAB_PTCSS_SWAN: Defines the page tab style classes.
- PSHDR2_SWAN: Defines Oracle Logo.
Note:You can also convert style sheets to free form sub style sheets:
- Open a standard style sheet or sub style sheet.
- Select File, Definition Properties.
- In the Style Sheet Type drop-down list box, select Freeform Sub Style Sheet and click the OK button.
- Save the style sheet.
You want to change the left menu navigation color background in PT 8.50:
In ApplicationDesigner, open PSNAV2 (or PSNAV2_SWAN) (free form stylesheet), and change the ptnav2pglt class attributes for background:
and the result is:
You want to change to a new image (not update the image standard PT_ORACLELOGO_SWAN) for the Oracle logo in the PeopleSoft header:
File -> New, select Image and browse new file image MY_ORACLELOGO_SWAN.gif and Save it.
In ApplicationDesigner, open PSSTYLEDEF_SWAN and open FreeForm Sub Style Sheets: PSHDR2_SWAN and change the pthdr2logoswant class attributes for background url(%Image())no-repeat:
and the result is:
About the Author:
Pascal Thaler joined Oracle University in 2005 where he is a Senior Instructor. His area of expertise is Oracle Peoplesoft Technology and he delivers the following courses:
- For Developers: PeopleTools Overview, PeopleTools I &II, Batch Application Engine, Language Oriented Object PeopleCode, Administration Security
- For Administrators : Server Administration & Installation, Database Upgrade & Data Management Tools
- For Interface Users: Integration Broker (Web Service)