Analyze traffic and diagnose issues in complex Voice networks in real time with a simple click
By Gabriel Ostolaza
By Axel Timo Purr-Oracle on Aug 28, 2014
Acme Packet’s Palladion Solution, rebranded Oracle Session Monitor, enables SIP/IMS network operators to monitor the service and network and detect and solve problems related to SIP and other signaling protocols used in Voice over IP (VoIP) networks.
The Oracle Session Monitor software suite contains several products that address unique challenges of various networking customers, and allows for individual licensing of the required functionality. These are:
- Communications Operations Monitor (COM): It includes the Oracle Session Monitor Voice & Video Operations (VVO) and Oracle Session Monitor Customer Experience & Troubleshooting (CET) product. It comes with a range of features for pro-active monitoring of the network. It also provides advanced troubleshooting, customer support and customer experience capabilities. The work flow is incident oriented and allows one to drill down from higher level symptoms into the full details of network protocols.
- Fraud Detection & Prevention (FDP): The Oracle Session Monitor Fraud Detection & Prevention product provides functionality enabling operators to not only detect toll fraud activities on the network but also to actively stop such attacks. This is a separate module.
- Mediation Engine Connector (MEC): It provides scalability and global network visibility Binding multiple ME’s.
- Control Plane Monitor (CPM): Diameter analyzer. It provides support for non-call-related traffic.
Oracle Session Monitor´s web page has four main areas:
- Administrator area: on the top right corner, shows user logged in, a signed out option, general help, access to the administration menu (settings) and setup menu (setup).
- Main menu: on the left has three areas for the different functions offered by Oracle Session Monitor. Voice and video Operation (Operations) and Customer Experience and Troubleshooting (Customer) group functions that are activated when the Communications Operations Monitor (COM) licence is installed.
- Main display: is the main user working area where all information is displayed and interaction with panels and tables implemented.
With the help of this solution the Network Operator can do things like analyze the Quality of a recent call, analyze an issue in real time, get a Call Diagram, print the detail of every message involved in the call or even issue a PDF report with all the information related to the call to show the end-user they are working to resolve the problem.
If you would like to find out more about the Oracle Session Monitor, I advise taking the following Oracle University courses:
- Oracle Session Monitor Release 3 Platform Administration (2 days)
- Oracle Session Monitor Rel ease 3 Monitoring & Troubleshooting (1 day)
See all of the available training for Acme Packet products.
Oracle University provides courses in traditional classroom and live virtual class formats. Custom and private training events can be arranged to suit your exact training requirements.
If you have any questions about the above or require training advice, please
contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author:
Gabriel Ostolaza (Gabo) is an Industrial Engineer with a double Advanced University Degree from ICAI (Madrid) and Supelec (Paris). He is a highly motivated and passionate Technical Instructor/Developer and Training Manager with 8 years experience of Acme Packet/Oracle University Training, and 10 years at Nortel Training before that (Data, Voice, Security, SDH, DWDM, CTI and VoIP). He can deliver almost ALL Acme Packet courses in English, French or Spanish. His main achievement, of which he is deeply proud, is to lead a team of the most technical and professional instructors who are constantly achieving extremely good customer satisfaction. Excellence and efficiency are his objectives; passion and hard work are his way of achieving them.