Friday Mar 21, 2014
Tuesday Mar 18, 2014
By Laura Ramsey-Oracle on Mar 18, 2014
New! Oracle DMU 2.0 is now available.
Here's what you need to know: Oracle Database Migration Assistant for Unicode (DMU) 2.0 is the officially supported method for migrating Oracle 12c Pluggable Databases (PDBs) to the Unicode character set. Oracle DMU also supports migrating selected prior database releases of 10.2, 11.1 and 11.2.
Here's what's interesting: Migration to the Unicode character set is an intricate process that involves many time-consuming and resource intensive operations. Any misstep along the way can lead to data loss. Oracle DMU provides an end-to-end workflow that guides the DBA through a detailed and customizable migration process with real-time progress updates. Additional recovery and diagnostic mechanisms enable a fault-tolerant migration in the event of runtime contingencies.
Other new features in DMU 2.0 include:
- Enhanced bulk cleansing features with pattern-based replacement to resolve certain classes of data convertibility issues
- Support for migrating PeopleSoft databases to Unicode
- Improved conversion error-handling mechanisms
If you need a technical overview about character set migration, migration tools and considerations including benefits of Unicode, check out the Indepth Guide to Migrating Databases to Unicode.
Anything else you need to know about DMU 2.0? Go to the DMU page on OTN.
Ciao for Now!
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
By Laura Ramsey-Oracle on Jan 29, 2014
For My Oracle Support Community Users...
On January 31, 2014, we plan to migrate the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) to the same platform used for the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) forums. This platform will bring new community features to help make it easier to find information through a more intuitive interface, and enhance the way you connect with Oracle experts and industry peers. If you are a user who has the same email address that accesses both My Oracle Support Community and OTN forums, be sure to read this important blog brought to you by Oracle Support.
Ciao for now!
- Introducing the OTN Community Update!
- Watch Latest CommunityCast - Look back on KSCOPE 2016
- Don’t Miss Hands-On Learning with Oracle Product Experts, Oracle ACE’s, and Java Champions!
- OTN Community Managers Speak Out About OTN Summit
- OTN Summit - July 12th, 13th and 14th!
- Join Oracle for a Hackathon on 5/18 - New York, NY
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Replay Libraries are Live!
- Welcome New Oracle ACE Program Participants!
- Last Chance! 27 Technical Sessions Delivered by Oracle and Community Experts
- Team OTN at CloudWorld DC, CloudWorld Developer Mumbai and Collaborate!