Friday Mar 21, 2014
Tuesday Mar 18, 2014
By Laura Ramsey-Oracle on Mar 18, 2014
New! Oracle DMU 2.0 is now available.
Here's what you need to know: Oracle Database Migration Assistant for Unicode (DMU) 2.0 is the officially supported method for migrating Oracle 12c Pluggable Databases (PDBs) to the Unicode character set. Oracle DMU also supports migrating selected prior database releases of 10.2, 11.1 and 11.2.
Here's what's interesting: Migration to the Unicode character set is an intricate process that involves many time-consuming and resource intensive operations. Any misstep along the way can lead to data loss. Oracle DMU provides an end-to-end workflow that guides the DBA through a detailed and customizable migration process with real-time progress updates. Additional recovery and diagnostic mechanisms enable a fault-tolerant migration in the event of runtime contingencies.
Other new features in DMU 2.0 include:
- Enhanced bulk cleansing features with pattern-based replacement to resolve certain classes of data convertibility issues
- Support for migrating PeopleSoft databases to Unicode
- Improved conversion error-handling mechanisms
If you need a technical overview about character set migration, migration tools and considerations including benefits of Unicode, check out the Indepth Guide to Migrating Databases to Unicode.
Anything else you need to know about DMU 2.0? Go to the DMU page on OTN.
Ciao for Now!
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
By Laura Ramsey-Oracle on Jan 29, 2014
For My Oracle Support Community Users...
On January 31, 2014, we plan to migrate the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) to the same platform used for the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) forums. This platform will bring new community features to help make it easier to find information through a more intuitive interface, and enhance the way you connect with Oracle experts and industry peers. If you are a user who has the same email address that accesses both My Oracle Support Community and OTN forums, be sure to read this important blog brought to you by Oracle Support.
Ciao for now!
- OTN Needs a New Manager of Systems Communities
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit - Now Available OnDemand
- NEWS: Oracle REST Enables Oracle Database and Oracle NoSQL
- NEWS: Oracle Updates Development Tools For Public Cloud Services
- Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne Registration is Open!
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit - Still Time to Register
- CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – 2015 Oracle Excellence Award: Sustainability Innovation
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit - Spotlight on Middleware
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit - Spotlight on Database
- OTN's Virtual Technology Summit - Spotlight on Java Session