By David Clack on Jan 31, 2010
So under Nevada I built my own Evolution version, I included openldap and weather, which we turn off.
I'd backed up my Evolution before blowing away the hard drive and installing OpenSolaris B131.
I think my contacts problem was that they had been written out in OpenLdap format.
I had a csv version of my contacts, so I did a little brain surgery on Evolution, deleting addressbook from .evolution and .gconf/apps/evolution, then did a restart.
Evolution on the first time up after the restart creates a personal addressbook, which I imported my contacts into, then created Work and imported again.
So now my Evolution is happy happy again.