Thursday Jun 06, 2013
Tuesday Mar 26, 2013
By Karoly Vegh on Mar 26, 2013
At last, the SPARC T5 servers are announced! They are worthy heirs of the SPARC T-series, and even more powerful than their popular technology predecessors the SPARC T4.
Before we'd go into the technical details, here is a very important message:
Having announced the T5 servers doesn't make the T4s go away. It is not a platform replacing technology, but a platform extending one! Oracle is going to offer SPARC T4 and T5 servers side-by-side!
Having said that, let's dive headfirst into the details to soothe the techcrave:
What's new with the SPARC T5 servers?
This is the Technology Blog of the Oracle Hardware Presales Consultant Team in Vienna, Austria. We post about our technology fields: server- and storage hardware, operating system technologies, virtualization, clustering, datacenter management and performance tuning possibilities.
- redirector post to TechDay in Vienna
- TechDay in Vienna: Oracle on Oracle
- Infiniband: a highperformance network fabric - Part I
- So, what makes Solaris Zones so cool?
- A SPARC CPU Overview: SPARC64-VII+ (M3), T3, T4, T5, M5, M10 - how do they compare?
- Achievement Unlocked: Successful Solaris TechDay in Vienna. Your Task: Feedback Please!
- Solaris Technical Day on the 23rd May in Vienna
- What is the best platform to run your Oracle Database on?
- Due to popular demand: the SPARC and Solaris videos/infographics
- The SPARC T5 Servers have landed