Welcome to the brand-new blog of the Oracle Hardware Presales Team in Vienna!
Allow us to introduce ourselves, and our intentions with this newly started web-presence on Oracle Blogs.
We are a team of four consultants:
| || |
Alexander Kern is the Teamlead of the local Hardware Presales Team. He
has joined Sun Microsystems in 1999 in Munich and works in Austria since
During his 12 year work in IT industry in different roles from System
Engineer, Engagement Manager, Project Manager and Team Leader he
developed a broad knowledge about almost all kind of datacenter
| || |
Richard Rotter is active since 1985 in the IT market, joined Sun Microsystems in 2001 with Oracle DBA background.
His main focus at Oracle is HW Server business, e.g. SPARC and x86 servers, the virtualization technology OVM for x86 and conducting Exadata Proof of Concepts.
| || |
Harald Schmaldienst joined Oracle in 2011, after years of being a UNIX/Linux system administrator, IT Architect, DBA Teamleader and finally Presales Consultant in Austria's financial sector.
Besides being a definitive SPARC supporter Harald is convinced that ORACLE's Optimized Solutions and Engineered Systems definately make the difference for today's datacenter and SPARC Supercluster will take over the world.
| || |
Karoly Vegh has joined Oracle in 2011. He has worked as a UNIX System Engineer maintaining Solaris and Linux servers for over a decade before doing so at ISPs, banks and online entertainment companies.
He is a great supporter of the Solaris operating system, and believes that with the Solaris Zonecluster and the EM Ops Center management one can build truly consolidated platforms.
Our Team is in charge in Austria to inform customers and provide solutions on the technology level around the complete Oracle Hardware portfolio, including:
- SPARC (both M and T series) and x86 servers
- Operating Systems Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux
- Virtualization technologies OVM for SPARC (former LDOMs) and OVM for x86, Zones and Dynamic Domains
- In the storage field NAS, SAN (and SAM!) to backup and archiving projects
- High Availability with Oracle Solaris Cluster
- Datacenter Management with Oracle EM Ops Center
- The engineered solutions Exadata Database Machine, Exalogic and SPARC Supercluster
- Serverconsolidation projects, platform design recommendations, HW TCO calculations
- Technology-update presentations for both partners and customers
...and many adjacent fields. These are the topics we plan to blog about here as well.
Should we be able to support your projects, provide information about possible solutions around the Oracle HW products - do not hesitate to contact us!