Solaris Technical Day on the 23rd May in Vienna
By Karoly Vegh-Oracle on Apr 22, 2013
Update: the registration link is live!
What is the best way to directly exchange information with your fellow engineers running UNIX platforms or applications thereupon? In our opinion it is a face-to-face chat by a conference-coffee or by an after-conference beer. To enable this kind of less formal technical information exchange we set up a technical event, the Solaris Day 2013 in Vienna.
We invite customers, partners, SystemEngineers, DBAs, ApplicationEngineers, and anyone else interested in Solaris technologies to join us on the 23rd May, in Vienna in the Urania to review past, present and future Solaris technologies, discuss real-world customer usecases, learn about the ways Solaris features are utilized in different scenarios.
What do you need to know?
Here's the agenda to raise your interest:
I. The event is on May 23, in Vienna, in the Urania.
II. The presentations will be held in english, for we have invited and expect an international audience
III. The registration link is live. Also, save the date into your calendar (do it now! 23rd May, 12:45-19:00)
IV. To participate in the technical Hands-on-Labs bring along your laptop with a 64-bit OS and an up to date VirtualBox installation (can be done withing minutes).
V. This is a free event, only registration is necessary to reserve resources.
VI. We are looking forward to seeing you!
kvegh@s11u2:~$ cat projects/Solaris_Day/agenda.txt
13:15: Opening and Welcome
13:30: Oracle Solaris - Features, Oracle on Oracle Optimizations, and Futures - Joost Pronk, Solaris Product Manager
14:10: What's new in Solaris 11.1? - Jörg Möllenkamp, Senior Account Architect
15:10: Partner Session I: Arrow ECS: Empowering the Solaris Community
15:30: Partner Session II: cons4you: Real World Solaris Experiences: Advanced Technologies - Rudolf Rotheneder, CEO cons4you
16:20: Solaris Cluster: High Availability options integrating with Solaris Virtualization - Karoly Vegh Principal Systems Consultant
17:00: Parallell Tracks:
- Hands-on-Lab: Zones - lead by Karoly Vegh
- Hands-on-Lab: ZFS - lead by Jörg Möllenkamp
- Demo: LDoms - presented by Rudolf Rotheneder
- Demo: Visualizing Solaris performance the easy way - delivered by Manuel Zach
- Networking, informal information exchange
- As you can see we have managed to invite/fly in quite a list of distinguished guest presenters:
- Joost Pronk is a Solaris Product Manager. You know, one those guys actually forming Solaris.
- Jörg Möllenkamp is the well-known author of the c0t0d0s0.org Solaris techblog, and the writer of the Less Known Solaris Features doc
- Rudolf Rotheneder is the head engineer of the austrian partner company cons4you, maintaining many Solaris Cluster and SAM/QFS platforms in the region
- Manuel Zach is a highly skilled System Engineer, techblogger, established Solaris betarelease-tester, focusing on advanced technologies like cluster infrastructures, DTrace or performance monitoring/tuning.