Wednesday May 16, 2012
By Karoly Vegh on May 16, 2012
I have the privilege to do Solaris 11 tech-updates/demos at customers. It always amazes me how much they are amazed by ZFS. Don't get me wrong, ZFS is really cool. But it isn't exactly new technology, it's been around for a while now, the first implementations in 2003, included in Solaris 10 since S10 Update 2 in 2006. Everyone has heard about it being awesome, but every now and then I get the question for detauls: So tell me, what really makes ZFS so cool?
Let me tell you about it.[Read More]
This is the Technology Blog of the Oracle Hardware Presales Consultant Team in Vienna, Austria. We post about our technology fields: server- and storage hardware, operating system technologies, virtualization, clustering, datacenter management and performance tuning possibilities.
- redirector post to TechDay in Vienna
- TechDay in Vienna: Oracle on Oracle
- Infiniband: a highperformance network fabric - Part I
- So, what makes Solaris Zones so cool?
- A SPARC CPU Overview: SPARC64-VII+ (M3), T3, T4, T5, M5, M10 - how do they compare?
- Achievement Unlocked: Successful Solaris TechDay in Vienna. Your Task: Feedback Please!
- Solaris Technical Day on the 23rd May in Vienna
- What is the best platform to run your Oracle Database on?
- Due to popular demand: the SPARC and Solaris videos/infographics
- The SPARC T5 Servers have landed