By Swathi-Oracle on Oct 09, 2014
Global worklist header is a new feature available from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 in Skyros look and feel.
- Worklist header icon is the bell icon which is displayed by default in all HTML based pages in the global header, the worklist header icon is an alternative to including a worklist region in the Oracle E-Business Suite home page. Users can select the icon to view a summarized list of recent notifications, and then click to view and respond to each notification in the notification details page.
- With this feature, users can view the recent notifications from any HTML page by default instead of navigating back to homepage and checking the homepage worklist for any recent notifications.
- The open notification count is displayed next to worklist header icon in the global header and the count gets updated on page reload or refresh.
- On click of the worklist header icon, the worklist menu opens up, which displays the recent 10 notifications. Each notification section shows from user, notification subject link, sent date and due date of the notification.
- Users can navigate to notification details page on click of the notification subject link and can review and respond to the notification. The subject text is displayed up to 45 characters and on hover of the subject link, the full subject text is shown.
- The worklist menu also displays the ‘Go to Full Worklist’ link at the bottom and on click of link, user is taken to the advanced worklist page.
- The worklist menu can be closed by clicking anywhere outside the menu.
- If the open notification count for the user is zero, then on click of the worklist header icon, the worklist menu still opens up and displays the message ‘No open notifications found for the user’ along with the ‘Go to Full Worklist’ link at the bottom.
Though worklist header icon is rendered by default, the icon rendering in the global header can be controlled at user, responsibility, application, site levels using profile ‘WF_ENABLE_WORKLIST_HEADER’. By setting the profile value, the worklist header icon can be rendered on/off at various levels.
- The worklist header feature is available across all OAF and JTT pages by default from Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3
- It is i18n enabled and also supports accessibility features. The opening and closing of the worklist menu and the navigation to each notification component, full worklist link, navigation to notification details page, advanced worklist page from the worklist menu links can be fully controlled by keyboard. The navigation with the keyboard is the same as in any HTML page. In addition, user can navigate through the notifications using key up and key down as well.
- The global worklist header feature is available in all supported browsers of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3
12.2.3 is currently available on My Oracle Support as Patch
17020683. This patch needs to be applied on top of Oracle E-Business Suite
Release 12.2.2. Instructions for downloading and applying the patch are in the Oracle
E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 Readme, Note 1586214.1.