Thursday Sep 24, 2015
Monday Sep 14, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Sep 14, 2015
Monday Sep 07, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Sep 07, 2015
Oracle Big Data Fundamentals is a re-designed, 5-day course that provides lessons grouped into five Modules. This training is designed to convey Oracle's 3-phase strategy on how to work with, and leverage, Big Data as an Oracle customer.
Wednesday Aug 26, 2015
By hamsun-Oracle on Aug 26, 2015
Friday Aug 21, 2015
Oracle Private Cloud Appliance Training is Now Available for Customers wanting to Start Learning about this New Engineered System
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Aug 21, 2015
Wednesday Aug 05, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Aug 05, 2015
Monday Jul 27, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Jul 27, 2015
Wednesday Jul 22, 2015
By Adriana Garjoaba-Oracle on Jul 22, 2015
Tuesday Jul 14, 2015
Make the Most of Your Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne Experience with Preconference Training by Oracle Experts
By Jstiles-Oracle on Jul 14, 2015
Will you be in San Francisco for Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? If so, you'll want to take this opportunity to turbo-charge your knowledge and get trained by Oracle experts such as Craig A. Shallahamer, Cary Millsap, Steven Feuerstein, Simon Roberts and more.
Sessions run from 9am to 4pm, with a one-hour lunch break, at Golden Gate University (just a few blocks from the Moscone Center).
When you add Oracle University or Java University to your conference pass during registration, you can choose one of the following full-day sessions to attend:
Oracle University Sessions
- Go Faster: Make Oracle Work for You, with Craig A. Shallahamer
- Thinking Clearly About Performance, with Cary Millsap
- The Best of Oracle PL/SQL, with Steven Feuerstein
- API Gateway: Overview
- Building Private Cloud Solutions with Oracle Exalogic 12c
- The Best of Both Worlds: Enterprise Content Management Meets the Cloud
- Business Intelligence 11g Analytics Overview
- Certification Exam Cram: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c Oracle Certified Professional
- How to Implement Mobile Security with Oracle Mobile Security Suite
- How to Set Up and Use a NoSQL Database Cluster to Store and Retrieve Big Data
- Managing Oracle Coherence 12c Clusters with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Oracle Big Data: Acquire, Organize, and Analyze Data Sets with Engineered Systems
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: Deploy Secure, High-Availability Management Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine: One-Day Overview
- Oracle Identity Manager: Governance Workshop
- Oracle Cloud: Introduction to Database as a Service
- Oracle WebCenter Portal 11g: Administration
- Using Data Mining Techniques for Predictive Analysis
Java University Sessions
- Architect and Design Secure Robust Enterprise Java Applications for the Cloud and Beyond
- Creating Engaging Games with Java FX 8: A Case Study
- Recommended Practices for Java Performance Tuning
- Stay Current with Java SE 8: Java Oracle Certified Professional Exam Cram
- The Latest and the Greatest of RESTful Web Services
- Using the Power of JSF 2.X, HTML5, WebSocket, and JSON
- Using the Power of Java 8 Lambda Expressions and Streams
What's More? Receive a free 30-day Oracle Learning Streams subscription trial when you attend the Oracle University Preconference Training event. Terms and Conditions apply.
Thursday Jul 09, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Jul 09, 2015
At Oracle University, our goal is to offer training on Oracle's most recent product releases. Each month we release new courses to make sure our training portfolio is current. Courses can typically be taken in the classroom or online.
Here's a sample of some courses that we anticipate will be popular.
Top New Courses for July
- Oracle Hyperion Planning 11.1.2: Create & Manage Applications (220.127.116.11)
- Oracle CPQ Cloud Blue Belt
- Oracle HCM Cloud: Time & Labor
- Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud: Project Financial Management Implementation
- Oracle SCM Cloud: Product Information Management Implementation
- Oracle API Gateway 11gR2: Manage and Control Security
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Administration
- Oracle Big Data Fundamentals
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Management Pack Overview
- Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager and QFS 6.0 Admin
View recent lists of top new course releases for
Explore all of Oracle's training and certifications at education.oracle.com
Wednesday Jun 10, 2015
By Diana.H. Gray-Oracle on Jun 10, 2015
Oracle University's New Offering - Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions
Oracle Cloud promises new career opportunities for IT professionals. In many cases, existing core skill sets transfer directly to cloud technologies, especially for Java and database developers, architects and administrators.
Java and database developers, architects and administrators can leverage their existing skills and gain new knowledge to rapidly build and deploy rich applications.
Learn how to extend Oracle Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) applications using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS), which is based on the industry’s #1 database and application server.
In other instances, IT professionals need to acquire new skill sets that meet the demand of emerging cloud job roles.
Technical professionals, including implementers and application administrators who work with Oracle SaaS applications, need to learn all about the application throughout its entire lifecycle - from implementing and using their applications to learning how to take advantage of new features on the latest release.
Companies considering a move to cloud computing should educate their IT professionals about the potential opportunities as soon as possible. Doing so builds staff capabilities and skills ahead of migrating to the cloud platform.
Chief information officers who want to generate more business value from IT have to be on the front line of cloud skills education to build their own competence, as well as of the competence of their IT staff.
Oracle University offers simple solutions for technical professionals to build their cloud skill set:
- Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions - Complete Edition
- Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions – End-User Edition: for end-users who need to get up-to speed with accomplishing their daily tasks as they acclimate to the changing cloud environment.
The move to cloud solutions opens up new opportunities for both types of IT professionals. Key technical skill sets become more critical to career success.
Oracle University’s Cloud Learning Subscriptions help you transition to the Cloud while you develop the skills to take advantage of all the Oracle Cloud has to offer.
Learn to implement, develop, use and migrate to the Oracle Public Cloud using an Oracle Cloud Learning Subscription. The Oracle Cloud Learning Subscription provides 24/7 access to learning assets delivered by Oracle product experts on demand.
Get started with an Oracle Cloud Learning Subscription today.
With an Oracle Cloud Learning subscription, IT professionals get 12 months of 24x7 access to end-to-end on demand, video based learning delivered by Oracle product experts.
Preview the Oracle
Cloud Learning Subscriptions today and accelerate
your journey to Oracle’s Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service
Monday Jun 08, 2015
By laurengelfound-Oracle on Jun 08, 2015
It has been said before and it will always ring true: many factors can contribute to the success or failure of an IT project.
A popular misconception tells us that training is a luxury ill-afforded during lean economic times; but can you really afford not to train with technologies changing at a speed resembling that of a NASCAR race?
Another question: What does it take to get ahead of the pace car?
CIOs and IT managers understand that justification for every investment is needed at every turn. IDC research tells us projects that met a majority of their business objectives provided team members with 40% more training than those comparable projects that failed (IDC, 2012).
In fact, that same research tells us in IT security specifically, well-trained teams are 10% more productive (Impact of Training on Project Success, 2011).
Still not convinced?
View the essential IMPACT OF TRAINING infographic, compliments of Oracle University, to find out more about what learning can do.
With more than 500 expert instructors worldwide and more than 2,000 courses available, Oracle University couples best-in-class technology training with digital formats to make learning convenient and efficient.
The checkered flag awaits! Go for it.
Explore Oracle University's training courses today.
Tuesday Jun 02, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Jun 02, 2015
Written by Diana Gray and Jim Vonick
The transformation to public cloud computing can be a challenge for your
entire organization, whether you're a technical professional figuring out how to implement and administer your cloud solution, or a
business learning how to use a new cloud application.
Introducing Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions
SaaS and PaaS Learning Subscriptions
Learning Subscriptions are available for the following Oracle Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
Complete and End User Editions
There are two editions of Oracle Cloud Learning Subscriptions. Each edition makes timely and relevant content available for the appropriate job roles associated with your cloud application or platform service.
||Complete Editions - for technical professionals, implementers, administrators, developers, architects and IT managers|
| End User Editions - for business users who use Oracle applications on a day-to-day basis
With an Oracle Cloud Learning Subscription You Get
- 12 months of 24/7 access to a comprehensive set of training videos and product demonstrations delivered by Oracle product experts
- End-to-end training that spans the entire lifecycle of your Oracle Cloud application or platform service - from learning about and migrating to the cloud to using and optimizing your application service
- Practice labs are available in the Complete Edition of the SaaS learning subscriptions
- Continuous updates for product enhancements and new product releases, giving you access to the latest product information as soon as it's available
Wednesday May 20, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on May 20, 2015
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Cloud applications incorporate rich financial and operational features to help you streamline and manage your business.
The Oracle ERP Cloud team created the following training to help you accelerate implementation and adoption of your applications.
Oracle Financials Cloud Implementation
The goal of the Oracle Financials Cloud implementation training is to equip you with the knowledge and skills so you can perform a smooth and rapid implementation of your financial applications. This training will help you better understand the configuration options so you can make improved decisions during your implementation. You'll walk away with the skills to optimize the setup and effectively manage your financial processes in General Ledger, Payables and Receivables.
- Oracle Financials Cloud: Financials Implementation I (5-day course)
- Oracle Financials Cloud: Financials Implementation II (5-day course)
Oracle Financials Cloud - Financial Reporting
With training, business analysts and reporting specialists can develop a deep understanding of how to best use Financial Reporting to run the finance side of your business. You'll learn how to create financial reports, use Business Intelligence Publisher templates and data models, create dashboards and reports, and analyze data.
- Oracle Financials Cloud: Financial Reporting (3-day course)
Oracle Procurement Cloud Implementation
Oracle Procurement Cloud training covers the key options and tasks you need to understand to successfully configure your application in a way that maps to your business needs. You'll also learn how to administer your application and perform key transactional tasks.
- Oracle Procurement Cloud: Procurement Implementation (5-day course)
Oracle Project Portfolio Management
Oracle Project Portfolio Management Cloud training focuses on setting up the Project Financial Management and the Project Execution Management offerings. Learn how to optimize the configuration to enable necessary collaboration between team members and give the business insight to efficiently plan, create and manage projects, tasks and resource within your organization.
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training. Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Streams,
- Oracle Learning Cloud and
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- Chasing Cloud Dreams & Learning Along the Way
- Oracle Training: New Courses for October - Just Released
- Transitioning to Oracle Sales Cloud - A Recipe for Minimizing the Impact to Revenue
- Transition to the Cloud with Oracle Database 12c
- Oracle ERP Cloud - A Learning Solution for Your Entire Team
- Oracle Training: New Courses for September - Just Released
- Oracle Big Data Fundamentals – An In-Depth Course Review
- Oracle Database & Java Cloud Services Interactive Workshops – a Creative Learning Approach for moving to the Public Cloud
- 5 Tips: How to Plan Training for Your ERP Implementation
- Oracle Private Cloud Appliance Training is Now Available for Customers wanting to Start Learning about this New Engineered System