Monday Dec 21, 2015
Tuesday Jan 28, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Jan 28, 2014
Williams, Principal Curriculum Developer
Have you ever wished for an easy way to monitor your application's performance and analyze the application's performance over time? With the release of Java 7 u40, your wish has just come true.
Two tools are are now bundled with the Java JDK. Both tools have been around
for a while as part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, but now have been ported to
the Hotspot JVM.
Java Mission Control
Java Mission Control is a live monitoring and analysis tool for Java 7. This tool lets you monitor live data coming from a running JVM. Mission Control has a modern, customizable user interface which allows you to chart only the data you're interested in. In addition, the triggers feature lets you notify specific personnel about key events that occur in your application. Finally, Mission Control can load recordings from Java Flight Recorder for detailed analysis.
Oracle Java Flight Recorder
Oracle Java Flight Recorder is a tool for recording key information about your
application over time. Much like an airline flight recorder, Java Flight
Recorder stores key telemetry from your application as it runs; it then loads
recordings into Mission Control for detailed analysis. Recordings can be run
continuously on your applications with minimal impact on performance.
Java Performance Tuning with Mission Control and Flight Recorder Training
Interested in learning more about these tools?
Oracle University has released the new Java Performance Tuning with Mission Control and Flight Recorder course. This course deep dives into Oracle Mission Control and Flight Recorder, along with other interesting performance-related information, including:
- Details about how garbage collection works in the JVM.
- A detailed review of the garbage collectors available in Hotspot, including the new G1 garbage collector.
- Profiling your application using NetBeans and other tools.
- Detecting and troubleshooting common performance issues like memory leaks and contention issues.
- Tuning guidelines for each of the Java garbage collectors.
Sound interesting? If so, sign up today!
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- The Big Picture on Big Data
- New PeopleSoft Training for Technical & Implementation Teams - Now Available!
- NEW Security Learning Subscription – Preview for FREE Now!
- Why is Java the Most Popular Programming Language?
- New Oracle VM Server for x86 Training: Now Available!
- Low Unemployment Numbers Point to an IT Talent Shortage
- Oracle Utilities - A Training Solution for Your Implementation Team
- New Courses, Learning Subscriptions and Certifications for June 2016 - Just Released!
- Going to Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? Don’t Miss Out on Oracle Preconference Training!
- Demand for Big Data Skills is Growing. Are You Ready?