Tuesday Jun 28, 2016
Wednesday Apr 20, 2016
By Adriana Garjoaba-Oracle on Apr 20, 2016
Michael Duncan, Senior Principal Instructor at Oracle University, explores some of the common errors you might run into when you're testing and debugging Application Engine programs. Read on to learn more.
Friday Apr 24, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Apr 24, 2015
With Training On Demand, you get access to a complete class taught by one of our top instructors in a high quality streaming video format.
You also get access to a dedicated lab environment for hands-on practice.
New PeopleSoft TOD Courses
- PeopleSoft Recruiting Solutions Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Payroll - Canada Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Time and Labor - North America Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Absence Management Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft ePerformance Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft HCM Self-Service Applications Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Career and Succession Planning
- PeopleTools Portal and PeopleSoft Interaction Hub Administration
- PeopleSoft Security Rel 8.53
- PeopleSoft Integration Tools I Rel 8.53
- BI Publisher for PeopleSoft PeopleTools Rel 8.53
Explore all of the available PeopleSoft courses in our Training On Demand format.
Wednesday Apr 01, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Apr 01, 2015
The PeopleTools 8.54 release incorporates a number of compelling features for delivering, managing and maintaining PeopleSoft applications. Included among these are the introduction of the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface, as well as key enhancements to Update Manager and Pivot Grids.
The PeopleSoft team created the following training to help you learn about and gain experience with these technologies.
PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface
- PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface Rel 8.54 (2-day course): This course introduces you to the new PeopleSoft development paradigm for the Fluid User Interface. Explore conceptual information, tasks and techniques used to develop fluid applications.
PeopleSoft Update Manager
The PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) tool, which was introduced with the PeopleSoft 9.2 application releases, streamlined the process of applying updates to your PeopleSoft applications. PeopleTools 8.54 provides new features that provide the ability for the source and target PeopleSoft systems to be on different PeopleTools versions. With that capability, customers on an 8.53 release of PeopleTools can take full advantage of the new 8.54 Update Manager features without going through a tools upgrade.
- PeopleSoft Update Manager Rel 8.54 (2-day course): This course covers all of the tasks required to set up and use PeopleSoft Update Manager methodology for applying update maintenance to your PeopleSoft 9.2 and above applications. Learn how to perform each task from installing the Oracle VirtualBox to applying updates to all of your PeopleSoft environments, as well as upgrading PeopleTools and applying PeopleTools patches.
- PeopleSoft Lifecycle Management/Update Manager Accelerated Rel 8.54 (5-day course): Leverage the full set of PeopleSoft lifecycle support applications and utilities to help simplify the process of upgrading and maintaining your PeopleSoft databases. This course walks you through the entire process to get you up an running quickly.
Pivot Grids support operational dashboard reporting within the PeopleSoft framework to provide a pivot table and chart representation of data. Pivot Grids enable users to see different views of data. Within Peopletools 8.54 this important technology has been further enhanced to become an integral element of the PeopleSoft user experience.
- PeopleSoft Pivot Grid Rel 8.54 (2-day course): Learn how to create Pivot Grid models using PeopleSoft queries and components as the data sources. Also learn how to view and manipulate pivot grids and charts in the classic view and fluid view, add related actions to pivot grid models, incorporate pivot grid pagelets into your applications, such as a homepage or dashboard, and perform pivot grid administrative tasks.
Wednesday Feb 25, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Feb 25, 2015
|Free Instructional Videos
Check out the following free videos from the Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Stream.
PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
PeopleSoft FinancialsOracle PeopleSoft Learning Stream. In addition to these free videos, you can preview 2 minutes from any video.
What is the Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Stream?
It's an innovative, subscription-based learning solution that offers over 150 instructional videos on critical and advanced topics spanning the suite of PeopleSoft applications, including:
- Human Capital Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Here's what you get with a one year subscription:
- Over 150 instructional videos delivered by Oracle experts, including best practices, tips and tricks, product overviews, implementation and configuration, integration and coexistence, upgrade and migration, and release updates
- New and refreshed titles that are continuously added
- Live webinars focusing on hot topics
- Access to top Oracle instructors to get answers to your questions
- The ability to request videos on topics that interest you
Who Can Benefit from Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Streams?
This learning solution is ideal for professionals of all experience levels who are looking to stay up-to-date on the technical and functional aspects of PeopleSoft solutions. It is available for individual users or teams.
Find Out More
Preview the Oracle PeopleSoft Stream.
Learn More about Oracle Learning Streams.
Monday Feb 16, 2015
By Jim Vonick-Oracle on Feb 16, 2015
More Videos. More Choices. More Experts.
Two new Oracle Learning Streams are now available:
Oracle Learning Streams are innovative, subscription-based learning solutions that are changing how professionals stay up-to-date on Oracle products and technologies.
This is done through ready access to hundreds of instructional videos and live webinars delivered by Oracle experts, along with access to top instructors that can answers your questions. New videos are added regularly to each Learning Stream. You can also request videos on topics that interest you.
Oracle Systems Learning Stream
The Oracle Systems Learning Stream includes over 280 instructional videos on several layers of the Oracle stack, including Oracle Servers, Storage, Operating Systems (i.e., Linux and Oracle Solaris), Virtualization products and related technologies.
Oracle subject-matter experts advise on product direction, performance, optimization, and troubleshooting on core Oracle products.
This learning solution is for system administrators, architects, support engineers and developers who need to learn about Oracle Infrastructure products, how they work together, what new features are available, and what they are capable of.
Preview the Oracle Systems Learning Stream.
Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Stream
The PeopleSoft Learning Stream is ideal for both technical and business professionals, who need to stay current on the technical and functional aspect of your PeopleSoft solutions.
It includes over 150 instructional videos on critical and advanced topics for PeopleTools, Financials, Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management and Customer Relationship Management.
Preview the Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Stream
Find Out More
Learn more about all of the available Oracle Learning Streams.
Wednesday Feb 19, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Feb 19, 2014
By Jim Vonick, Senior Product Manager, Oracle University
Training should be a part of your PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management implementation plan. This holds true for both upgrades and new implementations.
Why Enroll in PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management Training?
- Training helps you develop the skills and knowledge needed to ensure a smooth, rapid and successful implementation of your PeopleSoft applications in support of your organization's HCM processes.
- Hands-on courses offer you step-by-step instruction for implementing, using and maintaining your applications.
- You'll develop an understanding of the application and configuration options so you can make better decisions during your implementation.
- Training can also help you identify any additional development work that may be necessary to customize your applications.
- You'll know how to ensure integration between different modules within your overall business process.
Who Needs PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management Training?
Project team training is critical at the start of a new implementation, including configuration training on the core application modules being implemented. Courses vary based on your role in the implementation and ongoing use of the application.
Oracle University's PeopleSoft 9.2 training is designed for these job roles:
· Configuration or functional implementers
· Implementation consultants (including Oracle partners)
· Super users
· Business analysts
· Financial reporting specialists
PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management - Available Training
Oracle University offers over 20 courses for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management applications. Accelerated courses, which include content from two courses, are recommended for more experienced team members.
Watch this short video to see an overview of all available PeopleSoft training.
Some of the available courses include:
New Features and Delta Courses
Core Training Courses
Functional Training Courses
North America Specific Courses
North America Accelerated Courses
Browse Oracle University’s entire selection of PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management training courses to learn more.
Thursday Jan 30, 2014
By Breanne Cooley on Jan 30, 2014
By Jim Vonick, Senior Product Manager, Oracle University
Who Should Consider PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management Training?
If you’re performing an upgrade or a new rollout, proper training should be incorporated into every PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management implementation plan.
Are you part of a project team in charge of implementing PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials for your company? Or perhaps you're a partner implementing for your customer. In either case, investing in focused, hands-on training will maximize the impact of this financial management solution.
Courses vary based on your role in the implementation and ongoing use of the application.
PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial training is designed for these job roles:
- Configuration or functional implementers - dedicated business users who will manage the implementation project. They need to understand the business requirements associated with setting up the application.
- Implementation consultants (Oracle partners)
- Super users
- Business analysts
- Financial reporting apecialists
When Should You Enroll in PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management Training?
Training is critical at the start of a new implementation. Oracle University courses deep dive into configuration training on the core application modules being implemented. Training should be considered during the planning stages of a project so you can begin to align the expertise within your company, as well as that of any consultants who may be assisting you.
How Will PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management Training Help You?
Enrolling in PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management training courses will help you understand the functionality most relevant to complete your end-to-end business processes; you'll also walk away with the ability to identify any additional development work that may be necessary to customize applications. Furthermore, you'll develop the skills to ensure proper integration between different modules within the overall business process.
Watch this short video to get an overview of all PeopleSoft training. Courses are available for more PeopleSoft Financial Management applications. Accelerated courses, which include content from two courses, are ideal for more experienced team members.
New Features Course:
Functional Training Courses:
- PeopleSoft General Ledger Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Payables Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Receivables Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Asset Management Rel 9.2
- Expenses Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Project Costing Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Billing Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft PS / nVision for General Ledger Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft General Ledger Foundation Accelerated Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Billing / Receivables Accelerated Rel 9.2
- PeopleSoft Purchasing / Payable Accelerated Rel 9.2
Ready to ensure a smooth, rapid and successful implementation of your PeopleSoft applications in support of your organization’s financial management processes?
Invest in courses that will teach you step-by-step how to implement, use and maintain your applications. You'll develop a deeper understanding of the application and configuration options to help you make the right implementation decisions for your organization.
Want to Learn More?
Browse Oracle University's selection of PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Management training courses today.
Thursday Oct 31, 2013
By Breanne Cooley on Oct 31, 2013
Year-end payroll processing and reporting is a requirement for your business. If you're responsible for completing these processes in either Canada or the United States using the PeopleSoft Payroll application, and if you're new to PeopleSoft Payroll or to performing these processes, consider enrolling in Oracle University's expert training.
Our PeopleSoft Payroll specialists will guide you through the necessary steps to ensure you can smoothly and successfully perform your job. Training is specific to the country for which you are performing the processing and reporting.
Training lasts one day and is delivered in our Live Virtual Class Format, which helps you avoid travel during this busy season. Here's the training we recommend:
- Update tax reporting setup tables and update employees' income and tax records.
- Load each employee's year-end data into a single year-end record for processing and reporting.
- Identify reports needed to reconcile the year-end data.
- Correct tax balances and other data as necessary.
- Generate final print and online W-2 forms and prepare the electronic file for the Social Security Administration.
- Enter corrected W-2 information and print a W-2c form.
- Report periodic retirement distributions and related tax withholding amounts on form 1099-R.
This course covers the steps necessary to perform Canadian year-end processing using Oracle's PeopleSoft Payroll for North America.
- Explore adjustments, balances, year-end slip processing, common pitfalls and errors and balancing reports.
- Produce accurate year-end reporting results such as T4, T4A, RL-1 and RL-2.
See you in class!
-Oracle University Marketing Team
Oracle University is THE trusted provider of quality, expert Oracle training & certification.
All training is delivered by our Elite global team of Oracle experts and made available in multiple learning formats for anytime, anywhere training.
Delivery methods include:
- Traditional classroom,
- Live Virtual Class,
- Oracle Learning Subscriptions,
- Training On Demand.
For buying confidence all our training is backed by the unique 100% student satisfaction guarantee.
Subscribe to the Latest Oracle University Blog Posts by Email
Oracle University Website
Subscribe to Oracle Training Newsletters
Oracle Certification Blog
- How Companies Are Using Big Data
- The Big Picture on Big Data
- New PeopleSoft Training for Technical & Implementation Teams - Now Available!
- NEW Security Learning Subscription – Preview for FREE Now!
- Why is Java the Most Popular Programming Language?
- New Oracle VM Server for x86 Training: Now Available!
- Low Unemployment Numbers Point to an IT Talent Shortage
- Oracle Utilities - A Training Solution for Your Implementation Team
- New Courses, Learning Subscriptions and Certifications for June 2016 - Just Released!
- Going to Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? Don’t Miss Out on Oracle Preconference Training!